Help with 2009 cars and CSM!!

Posted by jucksman 
Help with 2009 cars and CSM!!
Date: March 20, 2010 02:23PM
Posted by: jucksman
Need help with 2009 cars!

I've downloaded mitsuro's 2009 cars and am trying to build a 2009 CSM mod for myself using Tony's empty mod. However, I'm having a lot of difficulties configuring cameras, helmets and steering wheels positions...

As I can see, when using CSM you have to use GP4Tweaker as it is not compatible with Team Editor...I've tryed to configure the settings for cameras, helmets and wheels with team editor, but then CSM displays a message saying that I need a "clean" gp4.exe.

Can anybody help me? My mod is complete, all I need are the positions to configure the cars properly...

Help!!!!!!
Re: Help with 2009 cars and CSM!!
Date: March 20, 2010 02:34PM
Posted by: mortal
Tweaker writes to the exe. That is why CSM asks for a clean exe. You should always have your no_cd exe backed up. In your mod you should have a tweaker folder, Modname\Data\tweaker\ with the data you wish to export to the exe when the mod runs. This folder is pointed to by the swap.ini which is in your settings folder. Then when CSM exits the data is swapped out, or something like that.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 20, 2010 02:53PM
And how do I configure the positions for cameras, helmets and steering wheels?

Thanks
Date: March 20, 2010 03:15PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
jucksman Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And how do I configure the positions for cameras,
> helmets and steering wheels?
>
> Thanks

First you must enable all the settings you want to adjust in the tweaker.ini file that you find in the TWEAKER folder of your mod.

If you want to edit helmet, steeringwheel, ... then you need to put 1 beside those lines in tweaker.ini

Ingame then you will have the option with the TAB key to choose in a menu what you want to edit, all the things you put on 1 that are editable in real time in game. With the keys H K I M J U you can make changes, if you make a mistake with the key Q you can reset.

BEWARE you have to write down ALL the coordinates you changed cause when you go back to desktop it will all be like you started cause the changes doesn't get saved !!!! due it stored in ini files that you have to adjust manual yourself.

To see ingame the coordinates i have to press รน for that!

I did it for my 2010 csm mod for 11 teams and it takes hours to get it all more or less great and its boring like hell :-(
Date: March 20, 2010 08:16PM
Thanks! I put the helmets, arms and steerings in place, but how do I configure the driver cam? I don't like to use cockpit view..
Date: March 20, 2010 09:47PM
Posted by: mortal
Just change view ingame! It is always default cockpit view AFAIK.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 20, 2010 09:58PM
I changed the angle of view, but the coordinates made no sense to me...and it resets to default when I exit and reenter the game..
Date: March 20, 2010 10:00PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
jucksman Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I changed the angle of view, but the coordinates
> made no sense to me...and it resets to default
> when I exit and reenter the game..

read my post again i told you that the changes are not saved !!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy