different carsets at different tracks

Posted by kImI 
different carsets at different tracks
Date: August 28, 2003 12:23PM
Posted by: kImI
is it possible to use diferent cars.wad at diferent tracks? wat i want is to have cars with non-tobacco sponsors on france for example and cars with tobacco sponsors on australia...... tnks
Re: different carsets at different tracks
Date: August 28, 2003 12:26PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Yep, use ZaZ's Carset Manager, you can have Track specific wads on that!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: August 28, 2003 12:32PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Or else u have this option in gpxpatch.

open tracks.ini in gpxpatch and make the line with track specific wad as 1
now for track specific was just rename the appropriate cars.wad as cars_australia.wad I suppose.Just read the readme of gpx patch.It works perfectly!:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 28, 2003 12:48PM
i hav the carset manager by zaz..... cnt understand how to use it can u teach me how... tnks

kImI
Date: August 28, 2003 12:54PM
aquarius how can i have those option u are refering on my gpxpatch? wer will i open tracks.ini......... im lost

kImI
Date: August 28, 2003 01:05PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Firstly you need the latest version, you can get it from the other Carset Manager Thread, (This is gonna be an example of F1 2003 Carset)

Open up Carset Manager Editor,
Click File > New,
Type a Directory Name (e.g. for 2003 Season, type F12003)
Then type everything you need in the first page, (e.g. Title for 2003 would be F1 2003)
Click on Settings Tab,
Put in a Performance File, Physics File etc. . .
Click on Image Tab,
Find your Teamart Folder,
Click on Points Tab,
Click the '2003 Points' Button
Click on Tracks Tab,
Insert every seperate cars.wad in here, YOU MUST HAVE 17 WADS! e.g. aus_cars.wad, bra_cars.wad etc. . .
Click Exit
In the Popup message asking you to save, Click 'Yes'
Click OK,

Then when you startup Carset Manager, You'll see your Carset which you've just created!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: August 28, 2003 01:11PM
Well Kimi sorry it is not tracks.ini it is gpxtrack.ini

you have this inside

[TrackManager]
TrackSet=tracks.set
[Wad]
EnableTrackSpecificcarsWad=0
EnableTrackSpecificanimWad=0

put 1 inplace of track specific cars.wad

These options are only available by editing gpxtrack.ini directly:
Track specific cars.wad files (GP4 only): Enable it using key EnableTrackSpecificCarsWad under the [Wad] section. If set to 1, GPxTrack will first check if a file exists that is named cars_<prefix>.wad, e.g. cars_Melborne2001.wad. If it does not exist, it will read the key CarsWadXX under the same [Wad] section, where XX is the track number, e.g. CarsWad01=cars01.wad for the first track. If that file does not exist, it will use the default cars.wad.

Track specific anim.wad files (GP4 only): Enable it using key EnableTrackSpecificAnimWad under the [Wad] section. If set to 1, GPxTrack will first check if a file exists that is named anim_<prefix>.wad, e.g. anim_Melborne2001.wad. If it does not exist, it will read the key AnimWadXX under the same [Wad] section, where XX is the track number, e.g. AnimWad01=anim01.wad for the first track. If that file does not exist, it will use the default anim.wad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 28, 2003 01:15PM
cnt locate teamart folder..... wer is it? is that neccessary?

kImI
Date: August 28, 2003 01:32PM
its 4:30 am n m slpy... tnks to u all guys... get back to u tomorrow

kImI
Date: August 29, 2003 10:34AM
aquarius how do u edit gpxtrack.ini directly? m stil lost i hav read all the instruction on the advance option

kImI
Date: August 29, 2003 11:07AM
open the gpxtrack.ini in notepad and change it.

Date: August 29, 2003 11:40AM
i did edit track.ini
EnableTrackSpecificcarsWad=1
EnableTrackSpecificanimWad=1

wats next? stil confuse on how to create specific track cars.wad
were will i create it?
do i have to create all 17 cars.wad inside gp4?

kImI
Date: August 29, 2003 12:21PM
@ Kimi

now since u enabled it.
If set to 1, GPxTrack will first check if a file exists that is named cars_<prefix>.wad, e.g. cars_Melborne2001.wad. If it does not exist, it will read the key CarsWadXX under the same [Wad] section, where XX is the track number, e.g. CarsWad01=cars01.wad for the first track. If that file does not exist, it will use the default cars.wad.

so Kimi now for the specific race eg: silverstone u want to use notobbaco tex.So make a new cars.wad with name cars_silverstone2001.wad then when u use that track when u open gp4 with gpxpatch.U will get the notobacco textures.

It is not necessary that u should have all seperate 17 wads.See the details as I gave above .

So for tracks the was names should be specific to the track.wad (eg:melbourne2001.wad, magnycours2001.wad --- the gp4 track.wad names.)

So as I told make new wad files with name cars_magnycours2001.wad and cars_silverstone2001.wad.Remember to still keep cars.wad.

tell me if u have any more difficulty.

Date: August 29, 2003 01:17PM
still not workin! i put my new cars_silverstone2001.wad inside my gp4 directory and when i play it in silverstone it still use my default cars.wad.... did i mis somthing?

kImI
Date: August 29, 2003 01:49PM
Now try this step by step

1)

2)

3)

Again read the gpxtrack.htm file in the docs folder in gpxdata folder.
I did this and it work!!!

Date: August 29, 2003 01:56PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
@kimi you can rename for example cars_monaco2001.wad and put
this wad in your gran prix 4 directory,so rename after the track names
it workt for me i tried with the jaguar and yes is was the right jaguar at
the right track
Date: August 30, 2003 09:52AM
thanks aquarius.... i finaly got it right... u know wat my problem was? wrong carswad spelling.... it took me 5 hours to figure it out ...

kImI
Date: August 30, 2003 10:14AM
Ha!! I understand, a small letter is what all matters!!!

Date: August 31, 2003 08:20AM
Posted by: F1Crazy
Can you ahve the teamart track specific as well???

Cuz it would be nice to have pizzonia for one half the season until he is replaced by Wilson and same with when firman was unfortunatly replaced after his accident...

Date: August 31, 2003 08:28AM
Posted by: Beostar
can you put only one car in the wad?
for example i only want to use the Jag with T3 on the side in silverstone can i just make a wad with those files in or do i need to put ALL the cars in ?

prolly option 2 but just wondering :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy