Question for Ricardo

Posted by aquarius_varun 
Question for Ricardo
Date: August 27, 2003 10:26PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Hi Ricardo,

I downloaded ur latest montreal track version original gp4 pitorder and at the start finish straight ONLY , the heat haze looks like this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Re: Question for Ricardo
Date: August 28, 2003 01:13AM
Posted by: Beostar
then turn heat haze off.
Date: August 28, 2003 05:59AM
Posted by: LarryM
That is not a solution. The heat haze is one of those details which make this game rock. Let's see what Ricardo says.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: August 28, 2003 06:19AM
Posted by: b-tone
another question for riccardo.
do you have some sort of data on where each tex is stored in each track?
(turn 1 vodafone advert = monza_123.tex)etc
i'm possibly thinking about changing some ads to 1988 style.

____
Tony

Date: August 28, 2003 06:28AM
Posted by: Beostar
btw is it normal the Melbourne .dat file is corrupt? cause it isn't working. Had to use the default one.?
Date: August 28, 2003 06:53AM
Posted by: jawwad01
@aquarius_varun
on the left of the screenshot there is a scotland flag and the positions.

how can we get it?

Date: August 28, 2003 07:37AM
@ jawwad01

Use the pitboards v 2.0 .It has pitboards for all drivers of the 2003 season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 28, 2003 07:44AM
Posted by: Timzaghi
I think Ricardo isn't the one that controls heat haze??

Date: August 28, 2003 07:49AM
I think Ricardo must have modified something in the .dat file for the montreal track since I never used to get the heat haze at the start finish straight like that.I used to get it normal even in his earlier version of the track.:)

Date: August 28, 2003 08:39AM
Posted by: jawwad01
thanks aqurious

Date: August 28, 2003 09:46PM
Posted by: Ricardo Lampert
Hmmm... very strange this bug... I not use the hate haze in my GP4.

To aquarius_varun: Are you using my modified circuit file S1CT08.dat ? This bug happen with the original S1CT08.dat file ?
I changed the circuit file S1CT08.dat just to change the gridlines of pit exit/entrance and the pit lane. Nothing more beyond this.

To Beostar: The Melbourne.dat file is not corrupted. The GPxPatch is required to run it.

To b-tone: Sorry I don't understood your question. Please mail me about it.

RICARDO LAMPERT

Post Edited (08-29-03 04:50)

RICARDO LAMPERT
Visit my blog at [ricardolampert.wordpress.com]
Date: August 28, 2003 10:08PM
Hi Ricardo,

Good to hear from you.Ya ! I didn't have this problem in the earlier version of ur montreal track.Sometimes in Gp4 the heat haze looks totally awsome like it really appears like blurry haze whereas most of te times the heat haze is like wavy.So when normallyit is wavy that part of the track heat haze appears dark tarmac colorish and when sometimes that amazing heat haze appears in a race then it resulted in that white as u see it.I do not have sch problems in any other of ur tracks.ya I want to mention, I still use the original gp4's gridleft, etc files i.e., the two files in jams directory.And I always use ur new S1CT08.dat.SO it is ur new one.I also didn't have this problem with original file.

Cheers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy