New bug in GP4.

Posted by aquarius_varun 
New bug in GP4.
Date: August 27, 2003 10:22PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
I started a race in montreal with david coulthard.During the first lap I spun off in between and lost my left front wheel and front wing.I limped back to the pits to get it fixed.By the time I came out 1st place driver was about to lap me.So I parked the car in the gravel trap.And in anticipation to see the engine fire animation.I removed the auto shifting aid.Put the car in nuetral, and revved till the water temp gone more than 126.white smoke started coming.I evaded the marshall from trying to push me back in by moving the car when he came out so that he goes back.Like that finally I stopped revving and flames came out.Now the marshall again came out and stated pushing my car.I wanted to see the point when the flame and black smke stated and watche the replay.When I resumed play I saw that the marshall went back behind the barriers and the car itself went to the front barrier and started trying to be raised up.It was still ina motion as if it was being pushed.See these screenies.

Strange!!!;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Re: New bug in GP4.
Date: August 27, 2003 11:22PM
Guys I have tested over and over again and I state it is a bug.Just try to leave ur car and let the marshall come to push it back.now in half way while he is pushing the car.Press pause and see the replay .Now come back and u will see that the marshall goes back and the car is moving backwards itself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 28, 2003 07:22AM
Posted by: NS
gpx has always had some problems with the replay system, although little ones.

since gp2 this sort of things happen, mostly with big crashes (at least I always had them with big crashes), its like you have a great crash with 5+ cars, and you want to see the replay, so you push P + R and then you see all the cars just driving without colliding into eachother, and your own car just goes slower and slower until it hits a wall or something. I think it's because gpx sometimes "forgets" what was happening or so.
Date: August 28, 2003 12:17PM
Posted by: Vader
I found a bug as well. When I dropped my CD out of the window (11th floor), it landed on the street. A 40t truck went over it before I could get it off the track. Unfortunately Lumpy, the dog of my neighbour, thought I was about to play with him, grabbed the CD with his teeth and took it into the garden and finally peed on it. My neighbour then went over it with his lawnmower.

When I finally got back to the PC with the CD, Gp4 refused to start. It gave me a "cannot read from CD" error.

I tested it over and over again, still everytime I recreate the bug, it is always the same. Up till now I have bought 32 Gp4 CDs who all have the same bug.

I think this is typical Infogrames.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 28, 2003 12:27PM
Posted by: bigears
Yes, typical of Infogrammes as they must have made a lot of money out of it! ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: August 28, 2003 12:29PM
lol.! vader ;)

Date: August 28, 2003 01:32PM
Posted by: dolinseks
aquarius_varun, which mclaren are you using, because i can`t find any good one?
Date: August 28, 2003 01:43PM
Its Wai's new Mp4 17/D with VIper's textures.Its a wicked car.Totally pefect shape and tex, but it has litle problems in the tex files which makes the top of the sidepod and rear side of car black when u see it from another car.But the shape is perfect.See Viper's thread to download the test pack.He is yet to release the final version.

Date: August 28, 2003 02:25PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Thanks. When I tried it, there were no problem with tex files as you wrote. Thanks again.
Date: August 28, 2003 10:23PM
Posted by: b-tone
is your cd up the right way, vader?

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy