Crowds causing high PO

Posted by ginnerchris 
Crowds causing high PO
Date: February 10, 2010 07:40AM
Posted by: ginnerchris
Hi guys, wonder if you can help.
Running most of the time with a PO of below 50, but whenever I pass an animated grandstand (ie full of people) it shoots up to 150.

Is there a way to disable the crowd animation so I can see if that's causing the problem.
I haven't done any track editing in the past, so if that's required can you give me a fair amount of detail.
Thanks
Re: Crowds causing high PO
Date: February 10, 2010 07:55AM
Posted by: quickslick
yes, you can disable the crowds in your f1graphics.cfg in this line

1 ; [MAIN VIEW] Draw crowds (0 => off, 1 => on, 2 => on and animating)
Date: February 10, 2010 08:41AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
On this point, quickslick, do you maybe know where I can get a good f1graphics.cfg for a NVidia 9600GT? At the moment I am running the 2005-2007 mods on full graphics by setting it in the menu, but there are so many settings in the .cfg file I will rather not touch... Thanks.
Date: February 10, 2010 09:08AM
there is a topic here in gpg about some good uploaded graphic.cfg files. I think there you can find a good one for you, too :)
Date: February 10, 2010 09:16AM
Thanks man! Can't believe I haven't seen it yet... hot Cheers (B)
Date: February 10, 2010 09:27AM
your welcome :)
Date: February 10, 2010 09:59AM
Found it. Sadly, the ones that I want to download aren't available anymore. Oh well, still happy with my current graphics!
Date: February 10, 2010 11:40AM
Posted by: mortal
Perhaps if you raised the ticket price, not so many people would turn up to the event. ;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 10, 2010 12:30PM
Or if you held each race in a country with a name like Turkey where there wasn't any F1 interest and no crowds will turn up. Oh, wait... (I)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 12:31PM by Ho3n3r.
Date: February 10, 2010 08:24PM
Thanks for the help and suggestions guys - liked the ticket price idea!!

Does graphics.cfg talk with GPXpatch and CSM, which I'm using? If so, do I have to do things in a certain order.
I've never used graphicscfg before.
Date: February 10, 2010 08:41PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Crowds are also places for directional sounds which are well known to possibly be not being that well handled by every sound card. So you can also try to disable/enable hardware sounds in game or sound hardware acceleration in windows to test if it comes from there.

Date: February 10, 2010 10:21PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
GPxPatch doesn't change anything in the f1graphics.cfg, but you need to look whether there is or isn't a f1graphics.cfg in your CSM mod - as the one within the csm mod overrides the one in the GP4 folder - I had this with the GPGSL S4 mod, my own graphics settings were being override by the file in the csm mod

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: February 10, 2010 11:39PM
I'm using the 1995 mod, which I've loaded in with CSM, but am now just using GPxPatch to load the game.
Tried altering the value in f1graphics.cfg to no effect so far. Crowd still animated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy