Reducing a tex file size? [fixed]

Posted by mortal 
Reducing a tex file size? [fixed]
Date: February 02, 2010 11:07PM
Posted by: mortal
I have some car textures I want to reduce in size. They will not open in TexResizer, but do in Slimtex. The current file size is 21.2MB and should be 5.31MB. How to reduce?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2010 12:06AM by mortal.
Re: Reducing a tex file size?
Date: February 02, 2010 11:11PM
Posted by: strathcarse
With slimtex just batch to tex and reduce the resolution in 2048x2048. That should make a 5.31MB file
Re: Reducing a tex file size?
Date: February 02, 2010 11:32PM
Thanks, however the file size is already shown at 2048x2048. I did find a solution though. I added the car macro, converted it, reduced to 5.31MB. Then repeated the process to flip the textures back again. Solved. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Reducing a tex file size? [fixed]
Date: February 03, 2010 01:27PM
Posted by: b-tone
It probably had 4 mipmaps at 2048x2048, not reducing by half as normal. So with slimtex you couldv'e batched and chosen 4 mipmaps

____
Tony

Date: February 03, 2010 02:11PM
Posted by: ZaZ
Or the mipmaps were stored in ARGB format

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: February 03, 2010 10:59PM
Don't recall the format, but it seemed the only method that actually worked. :-)

Date: February 04, 2010 05:17PM
Posted by: LWC
the tex files are better quality in ARGB hence the big filesize, as soon as theyre changed to dxt they lose a hell of a lot of quality, filesize was never a problem for me as long as the quality was spot on

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
Date: February 04, 2010 10:22PM
File size isn't an issue for me here either, however the smaller file sizes do help when uploading the completed mod. :-)

Date: February 04, 2010 11:39PM
yeah i suppose, stops people whinging lol

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
Date: February 05, 2010 12:13AM
Yeah, me when my bandwidth blows out lol :-)

Date: February 05, 2010 01:47PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy