Zaz tools

Posted by NickJW 
Zaz tools
Date: January 10, 2010 01:21PM
Posted by: NickJW
hello guys,
i've just installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and it works like a charm. now the only problem is the updater and tsm core wont run from zaz tools. i have set in the properties from each .exe file compability mode: windows 95 and run as administrator. i also run csm and that works. the only problem is tsm core and the updater. any idea's how i can fix this?

Greetings, Nick

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Re: Zaz tools
Date: January 10, 2010 07:47PM
Posted by: Alonsofreak
Maybe you should try XP Mode, or are you running the Release Candidate ?
Date: January 11, 2010 11:26AM
i tryed xp mode doesn't work and im running on a full system not a RC

PC:

Laptop:

Date: January 11, 2010 09:55PM
Posted by: ZaZ
Does the installer say 1.26 final?
It is Win7 compatible and none of the files require a compatibility mode, nor do you have to explicitly elevate it in administrator mode.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: January 11, 2010 11:38PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
I just reinstalled ZaZ Tools since I switched to Windows 7 (Enterprise) and I get this same error, however for me it's not important to update as the programs work properly for me and I am not using CSM anyway (mainly Slimtex)

I know I run as administrator and even tried right mouse -> run as admin function and the properties -> run as admin but that doesn't matter

I have the 64-bit version of W7, don't know or it's making a difference or not.

CSM core says version 1.25.0.1126

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: January 12, 2010 01:09AM
Posted by: ZaZ
Then you have an old version. Latest released core version is 1.25.0.1173
That's about 47 builds newer and was released quite some months ago.

clickeh

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: January 12, 2010 12:31PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Yup it works now (Y)
Guess Tony will have to update GP4db.com then ;)

Dankje voor de laatste versie ;-)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: January 12, 2010 05:10PM
thanx ZAZ it works now:D

PC:

Laptop:

Date: January 13, 2010 09:53PM
Posted by: Richard J
In past week or two, I have experienced some problems with TrackSet Manger (TSM). I have all my GP4 files on an external hard drive. When I open the list of tracks, I found three tracks listed with no information other than UNKNOWN for track information. I also am not able to load any new tracks.

I checked the track folders in the GP4 folder and found some interesting things.
1. Some track folders cannot be accessed. Get error message that the hard drive for that folder indicates need to reformat the drive.
2. These folders cannot be deleted through TSM or throught Windows individually.
3. I cannot load any new tracks. Appears creates the folder as indicated when using "New Track" option, but the track dat file and wad files are missing. Only
file listed is the config file for the track.
4. Most of the DTM 2006 tracks have disappeared or may be in the folders that are unable to access.
5. I tried to reinstall the DTM 2006 tracks, most are still missing.
6. Some of the seasons I have set up when I open the track listing have dropped out many of the tracks from the track.ini file in TSM.

I checked the TSM version I have, it is version 1.25.0.1173.

Any one have any ideas of what is going on or how to recover missing track files, access the problem folders or remove them? Maybe I have a bad hard drive or one about to fail, but I am not having any problem adding files down loaded, or other files to the hard drive. Yesterday, I was unable to install the new Monza 1995-1999 track and Paul Ricard track recently released.

This problem started when I tried to install the updated MagnyCours 2009 track.

Richard J

Richard J
Date: January 14, 2010 03:03AM
Posted by: Richard J
OK, found somewhat of a work around to install individual tracks.

1. Select "create new track" in TSM. Window pops up to enter folder for track. After some time, new track screen pops up with "new track name".
Enter information, wad, date and any other files. Select Save. Creates new track folder in TRACK folder within GP4. Only item found is the the
track settings configuration settings file. Only line in the file is the ID= number assigned.
2. To enter a new track, I have to copy the wad and dat file and and Default.tmd from another track. I then have to enter all the track information again
that should have been saved when setting up the track information, wad and dat file locations, etc.
3. Doing this, the track will then appear correctly on the TSM list of tracks with correct dat, wad, etc and works in the game properly.

Still not sure what is causing this problem of creating new tracks and installing track packs. I down loaded Zaz's CSM/TSM and reinstalled around Dec 25th and that is about when the problems started.

Richard J
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy