Magic Data - Tracks.

Posted by madotter 
Magic Data - Tracks.
Date: December 22, 2009 01:01PM
Posted by: madotter
Hi, I have never touched the magic data or even know how to edit it. Since I installed V2 of the 2009 physics, the cars never finish any length race as they run out of fuel. I have been told that I need to change the magic data to resolve this issue. I used a 2009/10 trackpack running on TSM and have no idea what to do! If anyone can help, I would really appriciate it.

Many Thanks,
Iain.
Re: Magic Data - Tracks.
Date: December 22, 2009 01:48PM
Posted by: b-tone
I haven't done it for a while, but find the track in TSM and click the MD tab, make changes and save it....or look in the tracks folder for a .tmd file and edit it in notepad.
Edit the 'Fuel consumption' values if you're running out of gas...lower it a bit. Best to experiment and see what happens - lower it a hundred or so and see what happens.

____
Tony

Re: Magic Data - Tracks.
Date: December 23, 2009 03:18AM
Posted by: Cyberacer
madotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... Since I installed V2 of the
> 2009 physics, the cars never finish any length
> race as they run out of fuel.
> ...

If this problem concerns the V2 of 2009 physics I released, you should do the following:

- Apply BOTH the physics AND THE TORQUES.
- When using the V2 in original (2002) GP4 tracks, fuel consumptions in magic datas (two values) should be MULTIPLIED BY 0.8986 to correct the fuel consumption to 1.0 per lap.
- Use in each track the "0.8986" as a basic correction to start from and if the problem still exists, go on with what b-tone said.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy