Graphics Cards and FPS

Posted by go_go_alonso 
Re: Graphics Cards and FPS
Date: August 29, 2003 05:41PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Hmmmm.....to be honest I don't know. What I said is true to an extent, but as far as longevity is concerned, the 256 is better. In a game like GP4 you'll see no real difference between my GF4 MX440 and a Ti, tho in dx8 or 9 games, like Unreal Tournament 2003 or Half Life 2, you'll appreciate the extra memory.

The difference may be minimal, and its up to you whether the price difference (though relatively small, as a student I appreciate every penny counts :) ) is really worth it. Still, you'd have one of the few 256mb cards around. Go for the 256mb card. :)

ps the FX series cards have relatively loud fans, not louder than your main fan, but certainly you'll notice a louder fan noise overall.

Let me know how it all goes, and if you need any more help, my msn / email is cpfjones@hotmail.com :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 30, 2003 04:24AM
Posted by: JonVic
Thanks you have been really helpful, thanks for taking the time to discuss this with me it is greatly appreciated. I will let you know how it all went. Thanks:)
Date: August 31, 2003 05:20AM
Posted by: Gsey
The problem may be win xp itself. Your system specs are fine and very similar to mine including the graphics card. With win xp I was getting occupancy at the start of the race at over 250% with frame rates set at 18. Very crap indeed. I changed to winME, kept the sound acceleration to standard and the video card antialising to 4XS(Direct 3d only) and now Im getting 100-110 occupancy at the start of the race with frame rated set at 35. The sim plays awesome and I have to say my other sims run better as well. I havent changed any hardware at all. If you have winME and arent afraid to try I would suggest doing that before going out and spending more money on a card that has similar specs to the one you already have.

Gaz
Date: August 31, 2003 06:23AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I'd be suprised.....I mean I use XP, and whilst it certainly uses system resources more than WinME, if you've got 256mb + of RMA, then you should be ok, but as he says, they're gonna take it back, clearly something's a bit off with that pc.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy