Maintain speed

Posted by euloginny 
Maintain speed
Date: August 24, 2003 03:12PM
Posted by: euloginny
Hi there!! I'm kinda new in GP4, and I have question. How do I maintain the car speed while I'm making the circuit's bends?
Sorry about my english, is not very good!!!|!
Re: Maintain speed
Date: August 24, 2003 03:18PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
Huh? If your going round corners then it follows you have to go slower unless its more of a kink such as 180r at suzuka or blanchimont at spa.

You need to set the car up.

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 25, 2003 02:39AM
Posted by: Beostar
I think what he means is. If you look at the AI cars they can maintain there speed tru the corners. But if you use a keyboard you can't :) which is logical but if your using pedals just keep your foot steady :)
Date: August 25, 2003 02:48AM
Posted by: LarryM
What's your input device. Do you use a wheel? What kind of wheel?
It's a lot to do with breaking, changing gear and accelerating at the right moments. Mostly it's practice.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: August 25, 2003 08:14AM
Posted by: mclaren_rmn
wow beostar, do u mean with wheel u can keep the pedal half accelerating??
I'm using keyboard right now, and my laptime is very slow than the others.
Is there anyway to do that with keyboard?
Date: August 25, 2003 08:46AM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
No, you can only do it with pedals as the keyboard is either on or off. With the pedals you can trail the throttle through corners, you can stab at it on an early apex, do what you want basically

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 25, 2003 09:55AM
Posted by: Pooky
well said todays horse.

if you are nifty with the throttle, then turn TC OFF, and you can power through the corners with a gentle drift

but this is hard too do for every corner

also there are different ways of tackling a corner, i.e. fast in, slow out, or slow in, fast out

also, you can late apex, early apex etc.

it is usually a natural thing, i mean, if i come to a new corner, i naturally find the right line and this is what most of the F1 drivers do.

sometimes they might try a different line, but usually the first line you ever take thru the corner will be the line you use for the rest of your career!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy