Advanced Lighting

Posted by JonVic 
Advanced Lighting
Date: August 22, 2003 03:26AM
Posted by: JonVic
This may be a stupid question but i dont know the answer. What does advanced lighting do in GP4??
Re: Advanced Lighting
Date: August 22, 2003 03:34AM
Posted by: mclaren_rmn
It does a better lighting than when it's off. Just see it by yourself.
Date: August 22, 2003 04:38AM
I thought it just may produce better lightning but i wanted to check as i cant really see any difference when it is on and when it is off.
Date: August 22, 2003 04:51AM
Posted by: Pooky
join us hotlapping jonvic

see korn_freak sig.

or the GP4 HOTLAP COMP. HUNGARY thread

Date: August 22, 2003 05:05AM
Posted by: Lo2k
It at least bring better shadows on car (just look at rear wings on the car front to you, without Advanced lightning, horizontal wings are lightened, even if you see the bottom face, with it on, the bottom face is dark, as it should be in reality).

Date: August 22, 2003 05:43AM
Posted by: Timzaghi
I was playing with my graphics a time ago, It really has a lot of difference. I always race with adv lightning off, but I turned it on, and it looked like my whole game has changed, it doesn't have that much effect at your po/framerate. I suggest you turn it on.

Date: August 22, 2003 06:29AM
I know i felt that it would really hit my framerates as i only have a gf2 mx but it is fine and looks a little crisper actually now that i have looked really carefully. Seems silly not to have it on really:)
Date: August 22, 2003 07:32AM
Posted by: Hitchhiker
It also makes a difference with Caelen's wheels. Without it, the wheels have a strange white band going across them vertically.... but with advanced lighting on, they look the business!!

oh btw, great wheels Caelen!! although this must be the 'n'th time you have heard this!
Date: August 22, 2003 08:32AM
Thats really interesting cause the reason why i put advanced lighting on was because i have the megapatch and put the default tyres back into the game. With advanced lighting off the tyres had really weird dark and light textures to them whereas they were fine before with advanced lighting off. Now i have to use advanced lighting to keep the tyres looking like normal otherwise i get the weird dark and light patches. Thanks you have made me realise that there is an issue with putting tyres into the game and advanced lighting. I have been trying to figure it out and have changed so much. Although thinking about it you have put add-on tyres into the game whereas i have used the default ones so really i should not get this issue, but it seems to follow a pattern anyway, does anyone know why this may be, i would really like to know.
Date: August 22, 2003 07:53PM
Posted by: Hitchhiker
maybe it's a prank easter-egg put there by his Majesty Geoff Crammond to annoy the living daylights out of us the users in trying to decipher the way it works.

I guess he must have assumed that one day, in the very distant future, the users will discover how to modify the tracks, so placed the Advanced Lighting mystery to give them enough time to make up their minds about doing a 5th title and completing it in time, while the users are busy thinking about the mystifying Advanced Lighting?

Probably not, but it could be.
Date: August 23, 2003 02:05AM
One thing is though it seems to cure graphical issues for the tyres so just for that it is good if nothing else:)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy