Tilke Website - must help someone with track designs...

Posted by Ho3n3r 
Tilke Website - must help someone with track designs...
Date: August 12, 2009 10:44AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Hi

Thought I'd share this link with you guys if you don't know it yet: [www.tilke.com]
It's Tilke's website with many pictures and so forth of his tracks, I bet someone may find usefulness out of this link.

I have no idea how to efficiently create a track myself but this is the best way to contribute for me.

While on this, I had an idea: is there anyone with enough patience on here who could guide me into track design and try to answer any stoopid noob questions I may have? Because I would really love to do this but I am confused from these forums sometimes and I don't think anyone will have patience with me.

But hey, I may as well ask...
There's some good track making links in the FAQ.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Ones which can help someone who hasn't even used GP4builder before? Coz then I must have missed them...
Yes, there are a few.

For example this one: [www.realgpx.com]

X (@ed24f1)
it's my time to give a suggestion ^^

someone knows that i'm working on binetto track(in Italy).
Well,at the moment i'm just working on dat,because i like to do accurate tracks(i meant layout).
attually i've done 2 dats for one layout.Real track lenght is 1577m.

First dat:1700m(i don't remember perfectly it)
Second dat:1575,21m(just two meter shorter than real track)

After all,i need anyway to do a third dat for some correction.

So this is my method:try to do a lot of dats for a single layout(max 3 dats per layout)

first,take real tarmac lenght from google earth.then adjust dat's tarmac lenght

second,follow f1virtual's guide(How to insert a google maps image in gp4builder):
[f1virtual.blogspot.com]

if map is too big just scale down it so tarmac lenght from photo matchs with dat tarmac

third,start to do sectors.

after that you have finished dat,keep dat lenght(if dat lenght-real lenght is too different=10-20m)

if dat lenght-real lenght is too different,keep some values:

how is big map object(i mean width-weight)
dat and real track lenght

i will tell you next steps soon,because it's long.^^

My GPGSL Career
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy