1994 Mod: Cockpit and Helmet distance/position ***FIXED***

Posted by Ho3n3r 
Hi Guys! I downloaded the brilliant 1994 mod. Fantastic work I must firstly add!!!!!!!!!

All is great and well, except for one thing: when in the cockpit, if I press minus(-), thus increasing my cockpit view angle, the cockpit on the sides disappear, which feels totally weird!

Now I have searched on this forum but found nothing to solve this problem. Now what I suspect would work the best is if there is a way to set the original head position forward a bit in the cockpit, so that the head position is where it is when it is currently set at the lowest(pressing + to the max), when - is fully pressed, if that makes any sense. Thus a full cockpit view with a max view angle.

Might there be any gp4tweaker settings that I am missing to set?

Please help!!! I am desperate to play this mod!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2009 08:55AM by Ho3n3r.
Re: 1994 Mod: Cockpit and Helmet distance/position
Date: July 27, 2009 11:22AM
Posted by: msater
The mod is still in beta, no doubt it will have been fixed when the final version of the mod comes out.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: July 27, 2009 11:58AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
"The mod is still in beta, no doubt it will have been fixed when the final version of the mod comes out."

Thanks mate - appreciate it! But isn't there any way I could do it manually so long??? Pretty pleaaaaaaaase?! :?

OR will downloading a different cockpit also work? If these settings are set solely in the cockpit files, that is...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 12:14PM by Ho3n3r.
Date: July 27, 2009 01:57PM
So nobody's got a cookin' clue how to fix this myself??? Please?
Date: July 27, 2009 02:20PM
Posted by: msater
D/ling a new cockpit shape might work. Not sure though, the problem might not be that.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: July 27, 2009 04:01PM
Seriously... why bump after less than 2 hours

This is an issue that other people have had also, why not look in the 1994 mod thread

Changing the cockpit shape would only screw up the cockpit liveries themselves

It's to do with the tweaker positions for the that view

Change the tweaker positions in the mod files

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: July 27, 2009 07:34PM
Its been 5 hours. And its fine for mortal to bump in his last thread in less than 2 hours... Get reasonable please man.

And also - duh - ive searched all threads saying 1994 mod and variations, with no help.

And again,duh, i know its maybe some tweaker settings, thats not what im asking. Im asking WHICH settings specifically.

Any CONSTRUCTIVE advice would be very much appreciated, instead of pointing out the obvious. But you already knew that.

Thanks
12-2..... ergh 2 hours

Mortal a mod...

Then you didn't find out a solution, it's an issue with that cockpit shape and the camera position

Have a look, I don't know specifically as I didn't feel the need to change it

Date: July 28, 2009 08:49AM
11:16AM - 04:01PM, See I've Copied and pasted the times for your convenience, OK 4.45 hours but close enough to 5.

And I've changed all the settings I could think of.

Any one else maybe?
11:57AM - 02:01PM LOL

You get a real time tweaker edit with the 1994 mod right

Activate that, go into the cockpit view and edit the cam to something that you want, then I think you press @ and you'll get this info up on the left

Screenshot that, and using that info you can edit the equivalent lines in the mod

Go into 1994 Mod/Data/Tweaker/gp4tweak_data

Open the .ini called master, go down till you come to the camera positions, now your gonna have to put the value from your screenshot

Replace this line

Cockpit = 0.0000, 0.1571, -0.6810, 0.0000, 0.0000, 0.0000

Now your gonna have to do this for each car, but when that's done save that

Now you have to go to the folder called gp4tweak_merge

Then edit that camera value for every single car, it'll take a while but then you should have your cockpit cam just the way you like it

Date: July 28, 2009 02:51PM
Thanks man :)

Will try that when I get home tonight!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2009 03:05PM by Ho3n3r.
Found the solution!!! Thanks for the help guys - it was a bit different than all the solutions here, but you put me on the right path...

Cheers
Hi,
Could you please post the solution? I have the same problem and it would be very helpfull if you could tell me how you solved it.

Thanks!
Surely!

1. Go to this folder: C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\1994 Mod\Data\Tweaker\gp4tweak_merge.
2. For each team folder you see, go in there and open the ##.ini(## represents the numbers of the cars.)
3. When open, go tho this section:

[CAMERA_VIEW_ANGLE_CAR##]
Cockpit = 0.0000, 0.0000, 0.000, 0.0000

Change the 3rd value to anything between -0.1 and -0.2. eg this is my settings:

[CAMERA_VIEW_ANGLE_CAR##]
Cockpit = 0.0000, 0.0000, -0.1, 0.0000

Unfortunately you have to do that for both ##.ini files in each team's folder, or if you are happy with only your car being like that, you can only change one.

Feel free to request info if this is unclear.

Maybe if there will be another release of this mod then this problem can be fixed in the above-mentioned way.
If I understand its not really a bug, just tha you don't like the default cockpit viewing angle?
We'll take a look for the next update anyway

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy