Needing help

Posted by dio69 
Needing help
Date: April 29, 2009 12:12AM
Posted by: dio69
Hi!

well i just bought a new graphic card but the gp4 runs terrible in it, its a ati radeon 4650 1gb.
So my question is do in need a specific .cfg file or do i need to configure my graphic card (btw i dont know what is the configurations)

and another one is if its possible to save the in game tweaker modifications (helmet position, camera, etc...)

thanks!

[www.myspace.com]
Re: Needing help
Date: April 29, 2009 12:42AM
Posted by: ralv585
you might need to update your drivers, what is your cpu?

GP4 needs more cpu than gpu, gpu is good if you want to hi res textures, but mainly the cpu is the one that affects performance most.

Date: April 29, 2009 12:07PM
Posted by: Willb
It may just be a case of you havn't configured you're drivers properly. Take a look in the Catalyst Control Center (as much as I hate ATI's drivers compared to NVIDIA's), and check you're AA/AF settings under the "3d" section. You can spcify the AA to be controlled by the game (within the config) and the same for AF. It's usually better to let the game control the AA and AF (Especially in modern games) and use a driver setting like "Enhance in-game AA" (NVIDIA), which takes notice of where the game tries to apply the AA and just changes the type of AA being applied.

Having said that, have a fiddle with both driver and application controlled settings and see what works best for you.

Thanks

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: April 29, 2009 10:57PM
Posted by: dio69
Well, it improve a litle bit, but still very slow! and its true i still have a lame cpu (only 1.8ghz) =/

[www.myspace.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy