Posted by meyers 
Re: excuse me...?
Date: August 13, 2003 05:36AM
Posted by: tux
xps fine

Date: August 13, 2003 06:07AM
Posted by: mclaren_rmn
hey Dumass, how many fps do u have with thos settings? And how about the PO?
Date: August 13, 2003 06:28AM
Posted by: watercolours
my system was
PIII 500
64 MB SDRAM
8 MB Matrox graphics card
and i think i was able to play it.
then i used 192 MB SDRAM and 32 MB PCI TNT2 graphics card and it was easy to run the game with medium settings.
now i have amd athlon xp 2000+
256 DDR-RAM and GF4 MX 440 and it run smooth until i began to use those excellent carshapes made by the community.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: August 13, 2003 06:38AM
Posted by: yhaneef
I am runing GP4 on a P4 3.2 gig, 1gig Memory and 128Meg Ati Radian Graphics Card. I have a 600mhz bus with a 17inch screen. The best thing is that its a laptop and i can play it anyware i want!!!!!!!!!! So there!!!

Yassar Mohammad Haneef
Date: August 13, 2003 06:40AM
ok, i just tweaked a few settings in xp and gained 3 fps. im now running at 30fps :)

Date: August 13, 2003 07:18AM
Posted by: b-tone
i tried your cfg, dumass, and gained...

..wait for it...

...30 fps!!!!

in the menu and loading screens, and 3 or 4 in the game.
the visors are cool. they are all differently tinted. toyotas are greenish.
but you have no mirrors. i need em.
and your tarmac looked different. it was flasshing past me. :)

ta.

____
Tony

Date: August 13, 2003 07:29AM
the tarmac is bump mapped in mine ;)

Date: August 13, 2003 11:49AM
Posted by: meyers
there is not much point in increasing the frame rate beyond approximately 27fps because humans cant notice that much of a differecne, im pissed off that GP4 wont run ill neevr have enough cash to get a new machine
Date: August 13, 2003 11:52AM
better physics

Date: August 13, 2003 12:14PM
Posted by: b-tone
huh?

theres lots of talk about what the eye can see.
i'm happy around 25 fps.

your cfg dumass ave constant 26 fps, whereas mine jumps from 12-26.
it costs about 5 when gpxpath stuff is on, but yours has no effect. that the 16 bit?
i might do some tests, copy lod_0 for all and with the lower lods (2,3,4) using smaller textures.
a fully lod_0/1024 tex is about 30mb lods, 45mb textures.

____
Tony

Date: August 13, 2003 07:14PM
Posted by: Vader
@ ralphi

So that's your seecret......

If this was addressed to me, I can say I never use automatic translation thingies at all. Why? Because they screw up syntax and grammar. Try the most famous one, Altavista Babelfish. First of all it neither offers Croatian, nor Swedish or Norwegian, second of all try to translate any englsih sentence into Spanish and post it here. I think people like Borjaserrano will tell you that the result is just poor compared to what I post here.

If anyone finds an automatic translation service for Norwegian, Malayan or Finnish, just let me know. i don't know any. Maybe Dizzoau knows one, since he is soooo smart. ;)

Post Edited (08-14-03 02:16)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy