So if someone isn't going to make a render for me...

Posted by ptclaus98 
Could you at least make an up to date tutorial on rendering with mental ray?
Does anyone here use it for starters? Is there a mental ray forum or website that features assistance? Please would be nice too. tsk tsk. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Please would be nice too. tsk tsk. :-)

Man, I would. But except for Raul, I haven't even gotten a response from the guys I've e-mailed. Even a "No, I'm too swamped" would just be fine. But nothing. I'm kind of frustrated because I've been trying to get Brazil r/s working and just tried a mental ray tutorial that didn't work at all. I just want to get my damn car rendered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 02:38AM by ptclaus98.
Good luck with it mate.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: So if someone isn't going to make a render for me...
Date: March 25, 2009 08:07AM
Posted by: kaid
Here are some tutorials. This will get you a far way if you are also planning to do some self research. Feel free to ask questions.
P.S. I don't use mental ray but i understand the basics.

1. Car rendering
[www.3dm3.com]

2. Car rendering
[www.vexal.com]

3. Creating a scene
[www.republicofcode.com]

4. Mental ray paint shaders
[www.lamrug.org]

5. Very simple tutorial for creating a basic scene
[diablodeath.deviantart.com]

Thanks Kaid.

Mal, if it seemed like I was frustrated at the renderers and the community, then I'm sorry and I didn't mean for it to be that way. I'm just mad at Brazil r/s
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy