Ferrari World Masters 2009

Posted by Shaddix 
Ferrari World Masters 2009
Date: March 15, 2009 05:09PM
Posted by: Shaddix
//* This topic contains fictional newsstories to promote my new WIP project, I will update as much as possible *//

Sunday 15 March 2009
---------------------
Today a bunch of journalist where invited by Ferrari for the presentation of the newest project by Ferrari. Ferrari didn't want to tell anything more. "You'll have to come and see" the Ferrari spokesman told us.

There where much rumours about what Ferrari was going to shown. Some said they would present a radical changed version of their 2009 F1 competitor. Others where talking about an early presentation of their 2009 drivers line-up.

When we arived at the track they asked us to take place in one of the grandstands. Afther some waiting it was Luca di Montezemolo himself who made a small anouncement.

"Ladies and gentleman, we give you Luca Badoer, driving or newest project"

A car was launched, it looked like an F1 car, but it was totaly different then the one they presented earlier and used during winter testing. Was this the new A1GP chassis? Or was it something else?

Afther the shakedown a press-conference was held. Everything became more clear afther that. Some quotes of di Montezemelo:

"I don't want to keep you guessing, sow I will come straight to the point, the car we showed you earlier will be the standard car of a new single seater championship"

"We have been wanting to do a junior series for quite a while, and we felt 2009 was the perfect time to do it"

"None of the current F1 feeder series curently comes close to the new F1 cars, we think it is very important that young drivers can learn driving in simular conditions as in F1, that's why we are launching this series with a car similar to the new generation of F1 cars."

"Our new car is called the FWM01 and will contain a Ferrari V6 engine with around 500bhp"

"Aerodynamics are totaly the same as in F1."

"Low cost racing is our goal, and we want to attract both young talents and old veterans for our series."

"We know some good drivers are allready negotiating a seat."

"Also some teams have subscribed, we can't tell much more about that but we can tell you the names of some people who are involved, including Michel Perridon (known from Trust Team Arden etc.), Paul Stoddart (Minardi F1, Minardi USA,...), Tony Texeira (A1GP organiser).

"Some teams will do their presentation later this week and at the first collective test that is sheduled at Monza"

Please keep an eye on this topic for more news.

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Re: Ferrari World Masters 2009
Date: March 15, 2009 08:07PM
Posted by: J-C
Date: March 15, 2009 09:26PM
Minardi to enter the Ferrari World Masters
-----------------------------------------------

Minardi will enter together with Corbetta Competizioni to the new FWM-series. Minardi allready worked to gether with Corbetta Competizioni in the Italian F3 Championship. A combination that seemed to be very succesfull. The teams official name will be "Minardi Corbetta Competizioni".

Minardi is the first to anounce their line-up for the 2009 Ferrari World Masters

With Davide Rigon (F3000 and Super League champion) and Roldan Rodriguez (former Minardi, Spyker & Force India F1 testdriver).

At the Monza track Minardis 2 drivers gave a first shakedown with the car.

Davide Rigon: "I am very happy to work together with the Minardi team again. I won the Euroseries 3000 championship with them and I want to do the same again in the FWM Championship."

Roldan Rodriguez: "Minardi is a team with a lot of experience, the team is legendary and I honored to be able to drive with them in this new, very cool seeries"

Date: March 15, 2009 09:30PM
Posted by: JohnWarrington
Sounds like a very interesting development :D KUTGW
Date: March 16, 2009 08:40AM
Posted by: james84
Hmmm... did Minardi share thair facilities in Faenza with Toro Rosso? :D
Date: March 16, 2009 08:58AM
Posted by: msater
Minardi ARE Toro Rosso. Red Bull bought out Minardi, then rebranded them Toro Rosso.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: March 16, 2009 10:29AM
yes but it's a feeder-series not a F1 serie

Minardi has been active in other feeder series (Champcar, F3000, F3 Italia,..)

Date: March 16, 2009 01:49PM
Posted by: msater
Yes, yes, I know, I mean they bought out thew F1 team.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: March 18, 2009 08:02AM
Posted by: somogyi23
I would better like if you continue the racinggeneration F1 Manager game or the f3 mod
Date: March 18, 2009 10:52AM
about the F3 mod, the shape is realy outdated and finding a moddeler to adjust it or make a new one is very hard

I don't want to deliver a mod on a "crappy" shape

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy