error in gp4 (fixed)

Posted by green machine 
error in gp4 (fixed)
Date: February 24, 2009 11:42AM
Posted by: green machine
hello,

I am tryijng to decrypt gp4 or gp 3 but every time when i try to install the decrypted no cd patch i get the error cant find binkw 32 dll???, is there someone who knows what to do, both versions of gp are original,

thnx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2009 10:59PM by mortal.
Re: error in gp4
Date: February 24, 2009 12:17PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Download one?
Try google
Date: February 24, 2009 12:20PM
no i have the file but when i want to install it i get an error cant find binkw 32 dll
Date: February 24, 2009 12:44PM
Posted by: mortal
You don't install it, you replace it. You also do not decrypt it, it is already decrypted. Move the existing original gp4.exe to the GP4SAVES folder or rename it to gp4bak.exe. Then place the downloaded, already decrypted exe into the GP4 directory. When you have done that, and if it is successful, please edit your topic to show fixed. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 24, 2009 02:50PM
hi i have already succeeded with gp 3 now im starting with gp4 thanks alot
Date: February 24, 2009 03:37PM
hello, ihave tried it with gp 3 and gp4 but it still hasnt worked out for me i really dont understand what to do i found the gpr exe (its the checkered flaf??) i have placed it into gpsave and then placed the gp3 exe (the new one) but do i first have to unzip it sorry but im really not very good in these things but gp3 have worked out before i saw the 2004 season in my car editor so what am i doing wrong???
Date: February 24, 2009 04:32PM
i have a new installation now from gp4 i have patched it with 9.6 and i have switched the gp4 exe with the new no cd but i still need the cd to start up, anyone please??
Date: February 24, 2009 04:49PM
Posted by: J-C
How about downloading the gp4.exe 1.02 no cd and replace the one you
have right now !.

07 No Tsm Track Pack__GPGSL08 Mod__range">97 TeamArt
Tutorial how to compile a No Csm Mod
Date: February 24, 2009 06:18PM
hello, i allready tried it but no succes, when i try to start the game without cd but with the shortcut on my desktop i get a message install direct x 8.1 or higher and i have higher i think there is something i am not doing right but i dont know what it is, i installed a fresh gp4 , patched it and then i replace the exe file for the no cd patch,
Date: February 24, 2009 06:31PM
green machine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hello, i allready tried it but no succes, when i
> try to start the game without cd but with the
> shortcut on my desktop i get a message install
> direct x 8.1 or higher and i have higher i think
> there is something i am not doing right but i dont
> know what it is, i installed a fresh gp4 ,
> patched it and then i replace the exe file for the
> no cd patch,

Procedure how to install properly GP4.

1- Make a full installation of 770MB!!
2- Install patch 9.6 and then run the setup that comes with it.
3- Place the Gp4.exe 1.2 no cd and remove the CD.
4- Run the game once and immediately close it.
5- Install Gpxpatch 3.93

If you follow properly those steps you will have Gp4 working.

Date: February 24, 2009 06:44PM
hello thnx for your reply, i am not shure of 1 thing the original gp4.exe is that the icon in the gp4 folder??? do i replace the original gp4 exe with Gp4.exe 1.2 no cd ?????
Date: February 24, 2009 07:36PM
green machine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hello thnx for your reply, i am not shure of 1
> thing the original gp4.exe is that the icon in the
> gp4 folder??? do i replace the original gp4 exe
> with Gp4.exe 1.2 no cd ?????

Look at this image:

Date: February 24, 2009 08:19PM
hi, yes i have taken gp4 96 no cd and opened it, then you get gp4 exe and put this file in place of the icon you mean, or do i first have to do something with the zip file i opened, i hope i dont cause you to much trouble and im dutch so its not so easy for me to explain in english, also thnx for all the advice so far
Date: February 24, 2009 08:52PM
Date: February 24, 2009 09:17PM
well i reinstalled gp4 and tried all over again and it doesnt work, maybe its better i stop with it now and dont take anymore of your time thnx alot anyway, maybe try it again tomorrow thnx for now,
Date: February 24, 2009 11:59PM
If you follow the instructions as given, it WILL work.
Use Winzip to open a zip file.
The GP4 1.02NoCd is to be copied to your gp4 directory. That is all you do with it.
Replace the existing original gp4.exe file.
You MUST follow the install order given to you by Jorge!
If you have an original GP4 CD the procedure is simple.
Also, you must run once after the original installation, then the 9.6 patch etc.

Also, see the GP4FAQ pinned topic for useful install information, links etc.
BTW. Patch 9.6 is an official game patch.
gpx_patch 3.93 is a stand alone program, it is separate from GP4. It patches GP4 each and every time it is run. Once you install it, always open GP4 from the gpx_patch program.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 25, 2009 12:02PM
ok thnx will try again this week , i have to work tonight , one thing i havent done is open the game after original installation, so i make a fresh start and follow your guidelines, ill be back here to let you know,

grtzzzz
Date: February 25, 2009 12:47PM
Don't work too hard, and no zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz on the job. ;-)

Date: February 25, 2009 11:56PM
Posted by: Lo2k
If needed, my guide still gives the exact steps to correctly install the game.

Date: February 26, 2009 12:46AM
hi guys, installed everything again, after installing the patch i copied the exe with the exe from the no cd file and yes it asked if i wanted to replace the one gp4 exe for another, but when i pressed play it asked me to install direct x 8.1 i did but i am sure i have an higher version, everytime i press play it gives me this request, any idea?????
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy