Remember the legends
Re: Steering Wheels finished.
Date: August 08, 2003 03:00AM
Posted by: rayg
wad installer should work I think!
Date: August 08, 2003 03:23AM
Posted by: jp2
what a grerat wheel. but did i get that right ? if i install it, i loose the indicators for tc an lc ?

greetings, jp
Date: August 08, 2003 11:13PM
Posted by: Abstraction
We need a renault Wheel.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 09, 2003 05:28AM
Posted by: Caelen
the tc and lc are under the driver aids objects, aids 9 and 7 or 8 i think. you should be able to import the pit stautus from the dash onto the wheel and should rotate with the wheel . im guessing about this as i was able to move objects from wheel onto dash so why not vice versa
Date: August 09, 2003 05:33AM
Posted by: MBenjamin
There is no aid 9 and it seems 7 and 8 are just the ones at the bottom of the wheel.

Good thinking on the rotation problem, this is the first time I tried to edit these files so I need such suggestions :)
Date: August 09, 2003 02:55PM
tc and lc are Aid_8_on, Aid_9_on
auto gears is Aid_2_on
this is definate as i just checked the mclaren wheel i made. if they dont exist on your wheel then obviously the wheel u used as a base has had them removed. but you can still add them just make sure the object names are as above. ther is also Aid_?_off for each of the buttons but is not really needed

Post Edited (08-09-03 22:01)
Date: August 09, 2003 03:05PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
So it means u can have the look like a button off when aid is off & as if the button is pressed when it is on,, iS IT ??????

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 09, 2003 03:11PM
Date: August 09, 2003 04:34PM
Wow! can u make a wheel like that Caelen! Please.....(as kids say)!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 09, 2003 05:48PM
Posted by: tux
"Please.....(as kids say)!!!!"

its pronounced...

perleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese :)

;)

Date: August 09, 2003 06:06PM
Oh Yeah! thats absolutely right dUmbAsS.
hot

Ya caelen! make us a steering wheel like that!!perleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese ;)

Post Edited (08-10-03 01:07)

Date: August 09, 2003 06:10PM
:) u learn from the best :D

Date: August 09, 2003 07:28PM
oh i did, its the one pictured
Date: August 10, 2003 02:12AM
Yes it's true I used another wheel for the initial base, but I also used the default to get a look at all the objects and I can assure you what I said was accurate, so I don't know where you got your base from.
Date: August 10, 2003 03:44AM
i used the default wheel which is part of the cockpit.gp4 file. seing as tc and lc are on default wheel it must be there..if you want ive got the default wheel in z-modeller format. you can use that.
and apologies i think aid 9 is not there.(aids 1 -8 are)

the reason is: the default wheel is not editable in z-modeller, cant be opened. if you open it in gp4genius youll see aids 1 to 9 are there. however to edit the wheel someone come up with the idea of extracting the wheel from the cockpit.gp4 file which is in the cars.wad but is not used by the game. this wheel is editable and appeared to be exactly the same as the one used in game by default but as youve pointed out aid 9 is not there. however just create a new object called aid9_on or whatever and map your button, as long as its named correctly it will work.

[www.users.bigpond.com]

Post Edited (08-10-03 11:07)
Date: August 10, 2003 04:09AM
Posted by: Abstraction
WE NEED A RENAULT WHEEL PLZ< I'LL HELP MAKE IT, MY MSN IS ARROWSCOSWORTH@HOTMAIL>COM>

SORRY BUT MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUFFED THE > IS A FULL STOP>

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 10, 2003 05:44AM
Ok thank you Caelen.
Date: August 14, 2003 06:48PM
MBenjamin > is it possible u can email the wheel to jon at vadertrophy dot com please beacuse it wont dl at gpgames :(

Date: August 14, 2003 07:43PM
Posted by: Gill
WHOHW! Thats a steering wheel! Gill

&quot;When a driver wins his first Grand Prix,everybody is his friend,the moment he wins his second,he becomes a rival.&quot; Colin Chapman father of the Lotus team
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy