wheel tethers in GP4?

Posted by joshdifabio 
wheel tethers in GP4?
Date: August 07, 2003 04:07AM
Posted by: joshdifabio
Is there any way that there can be wheel tethers in GP4, because the wheels always fly away when the come off but this is very unrealistic. I am sure that you all know that in real life there are steel tethers attaching the wheels to the car and 95% of the time these hold, so that if the suspension goes the wheel doesnt fly off dangerously.

Look at this picture from the German GP. Notice that Rubens' front left and Kimi's rear right wheels are being dragged along.

[www.ferrariworld.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------

2002 F1 Constructors Standings

Ferrari - 221

Rest of F1 - 221
Re: wheel tethers in GP4?
Date: August 07, 2003 04:36AM
Posted by: Pooky
i agree.

ps:

the photo:

Date: August 07, 2003 04:38AM
Posted by: joshdifabio
thanks, by the way, how do u put pictures on

---------------------------------------------------------------

2002 F1 Constructors Standings

Ferrari - 221

Rest of F1 - 221
Date: August 07, 2003 04:44AM
Posted by: LarryM
Pictures (from a net address) like this:
[ img ] http//blablabla [ /img ] but without any spaces.

BTW I agree with you about the wheels, but I doubt it can be fixed easily. Nice thought though.

Post Edited (08-07-03 12:23)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: August 07, 2003 04:44AM
Posted by: Pooky
u write [i m g]the the url of the pic here[/i m g]

make sure no spaces in any of above

Post Edited (08-07-03 11:45)
Date: August 07, 2003 05:21AM
Posted by: LarryM
Damn I forgot to put spaces in the [ img ] and [ /img ]. No wonder they didn't show up. Should have used preview, Thanks for correcting me Powerhorse.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: August 07, 2003 05:41AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Would be a great idea! :D But I don't think it can be done, the actual wheel coming off could be replaced with a wheel hanging on, but I dunno, Best person to ask is Madman

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: August 07, 2003 01:07PM
Posted by: Ellis
The way in which GP4 damage works is that there is objects - Suspension (4), wheels (4), side pods (2), upper rear wing etc

When the damage on these happens the object is detached frok the car.

What you would need to happen is on the wheel object, instead of fully detaching it, move it into a bent position - replacing the old object with a newer object - one that has the wheel damaged

Sounds impossible, but i dont code so i duno

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 07, 2003 01:35PM
Posted by: tux
no, u could just instead of making it unmovable, change the physics parameters to let it wobble about

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy