GP4 Crash

Posted by djvero 
GP4 Crash
Date: November 01, 2008 04:48PM
Posted by: djvero
OK,

here is my problem. Lately I have started to play the available mods that can be found on the internet. However, after I had finished the 2003 mod I started to play the 2004 mod (to be more exact: gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season set), but as you may expect it doesn't work :( Well, the game itself works, I can see the starting menu and everything, but once it's loading a track - no matter which track - it crashes and gets back to windows/CSM menu.

I've asked this question somewhere else as well and they've helped me out partly. It still crashes, but it shows a log now too. However, they were not able to help me out any further and referred me to this forum. Therefore I hope you could help me.

This is the log that I get after the game crashes (I've uploaded it because of the long text):
[www.megaupload.com]

I can't make any sense out of this, but maybe some of you do. I would be very grateful if you can help me :)

Thanks in advance.
Re: GP4 Crash
Date: November 02, 2008 12:13AM
Posted by: mortal
Download is unavailable, upload somewhere else. Or separate it into parts and post it here.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 03, 2008 12:56PM
Posted by: racingstefan
On that other forum it was added to his post, so here you go: [racingstefan.freevar.com]
Date: November 04, 2008 01:35AM
Had a look at it, don't really see much in it to say what is wrong with it. But, if your system loads and runs other mods, I dare say there is a problem with the gp4gamer mod. I'd be looking there for an update or asking on that site why it crashes when other mods do not. If it crashes during track loading, it's usually track related. Can the track be loaded completely, do you get to the garage? Try loading a default track.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 04, 2008 08:52PM
Posted by: djvero
OK, thanks for looking in the first place, I appreciate that.
No, once I'm in the loading screen (with that bar in the bottom of the screen) it crashes, so I don't even get to see the track. Plus it happens with every single track, so it's not track related I guess.
Probably it's indeed the mod itself because I've already installed another 2004 mod (the one from gp4italia) and that one works. So I'm playing a championship with that one now; the probleem with this one is that it is so freaking easy, even on Ace level I'm still 0.5 to 1.0 seconds faster than the Ferraris and I don't like that lol :S

But still thanks :)
Date: November 04, 2008 09:32PM
You can edit the performance or the physics files, that might slow you down somewhat. Good to hear it's up and running. Edit your topic to show it's fixed please. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy