Wadupdater - need some help please

Posted by nali 
Wadupdater - need some help please
Date: September 05, 2008 05:01AM
Posted by: nali
I am trying to learn how to use wad updater, messed up already, can you explain what I am doing wrong

I download the 2008 Renault car.. below were the files that were in the folder, the instruction said that it is in 2008 order... so I just wanted to try..

I launched wadupdate.exe, pointed the to my gp4 folder- and updated these files one at a time that were in the folder

car_williams_car_1_lod_0.gp4
car_williams_car_2_lod_0.gp4
carbfb.tex
hi_carbfb.tex
hi_r28_1.tex
hi_r28_2.tex
hi_r28_3.tex
hi_r28_4.tex
r28_1.tex
r28_2.tex
r28_3.tex
r28_4.tex

after I lauched the GP4, from cockpit the car was still williams, from outside it was 2008 renault - if I just want the 2008 renault to replace the org renault, do I just change the name from williams to renault or do I have to change the the .tex files names too. I am so confused but trying to understand all this and learn

Again thank you for all your help
Re: Wadupdater - need some help please
Date: September 05, 2008 05:29AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
If I get his right, these do not replace the cockpit, its just the shape and textures for the car. The cockpit is a seperate shape and texture, so you would have to download that elsewhere.
Date: September 05, 2008 08:27AM
Posted by: nali
oh o.k thanks
Date: September 05, 2008 02:54PM
Posted by: Excalibur
If you want to get the 2008 cockpits, there's a pack on GP4World: Here

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 05, 2008 07:18PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
download ZaZ tools and use EasyWad, it is a much easier (excuse the pun) way to work with wad files and it integrates into the windows shell.

get it at GP4DB.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 05, 2008 07:22PM
Posted by: Lo2k
I see, so I assume I can remove wadupdater from the tools on my site. It will save me some place for other things.

Date: September 05, 2008 07:56PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
if you want to, maybe get it uploaded to GP4 Italia or GP4 World, and then you can remove it from your site, but still have it available for anyone who wants it.

i'm sure some people still use it anyway. Everyone has their own preferences, i suppose. sorry if mine was too harsh :)

thanks,
-Ed

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 05, 2008 10:14PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, it sounded a bit harsh but don't worry, I will keep it on my site (at least for a few more days ;))

Date: September 06, 2008 01:59AM
I prefer to use Wadupdater.So Laurent, don't remove it , please! ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 06, 2008 02:33AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
Yes please don't CSM confuses me :P
Date: September 06, 2008 03:35AM
Renault#1Fan ecrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes please don't CSM confuses me :P

Exactly ;op

Date: October 28, 2008 12:58AM
Posted by: Bauley
Hate to bring this back from the dead...i'm having an issue with Wad Updater where it's not overwriting the files in the wad, it's putting the new files in and not deleting the existing one, so I have the same file in there twice. Can anyone shed some light on how I can fix this? Thanks.
Date: October 28, 2008 07:29AM
Posted by: quickslick
you can unpack the wad with easy wad or with gp4 master and then delete the fils manually. After this, you can insert the new files in the wad and recompile it again
Date: October 28, 2008 02:44PM
Posted by: Bauley
It never used to do this though, I've had the game before on this machine. Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to select if I want to overwrite a file or not?
Date: October 28, 2008 06:20PM
Posted by: quickslick
no there isn't, but if the files are named correct, they will be over written surely
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy