cars are white when creating a cars.wad

Posted by Eichhoernchen 
cars are white when creating a cars.wad
Date: October 16, 2008 03:15PM
Posted by: Eichhoernchen
Hello

im desperate... I have 3 cars.wads from diffetent mods and they are just working fine. Now i wanted to create my own.

I read the FAQ in this forum.
If i change the ferrari or the newest Renault it works. But if it comes to the other cars, the cars in game are all white (except the ferrari and the renault).

Now I take the original clean cars.wad and I just want to change the Super Aguri for example. It includes these files:

10 x car_sa08_carX_lod_X.gp4
brakeglow_fongu.tex
carbon_fongu.tex
hi_brakeglow_fongu.tex
hi_carbon_fongu.tex
High-resoltuion Textures:
hi_sa08_1.tex
hi_sa08_2.tex
hi_sa08_3.tex

I only change the name of th 10 *.gp4 files to 10x car_jaguar_carX_lod_X.gp4
and then I replace(overwrite) them including the *.tex files in my cars.wad and put it into my GP4 directory.
But in game the cars are ALL white. I think even the shape of the Jaguar hasnt change. It also appears with other cars like Redbull, Williams, Force India etc.

I have the texture detail set to high. In f1graphics.cfg
"Increase car texture quality" is also set to 1, otherwise the cars.wads from other mods wouldnt work. It happens when I start the game patched with 9.6 or without and also when i start with GP4.exe or gpxpatch.

Please help.
Re: cars are white when creating a cars.wad
Date: October 16, 2008 03:33PM
Posted by: fongu
the theory sounds correct mate. Never change the name of the textures. Post a screen

Date: October 16, 2008 04:15PM
[img293.imageshack.us]

I only changed ferrari 07 and renault 08. The ferrari comes with 10 gp4 files, the renault only with two. In theory, this should not affect other cars, right?
Date: October 16, 2008 04:19PM
Posted by: fongu
So have you changed any other cars? If you renamed the super aguri's to jaguars you should have a lot of them until you change the rest??

Date: October 16, 2008 04:52PM
No i havent...

if I just change the 2 cars, all the others are white. If i add the aguris, nothing happens, all cars are white except ferrari and renault. If I add force india or williams, the same. If i just add the aguris without any other car, everthing is white...

fongu, thank you very much indeed. Today I cannot answer anymore. I will try it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow again with a fresh WindowsXP and GP4 installation. I dont give up, that is for sure ;)
Date: October 16, 2008 04:59PM
Posted by: celinho
Hello Eichhoernchen, fine.
Let's see if you help to solve this problem.
The new Ferrari and Renault are files that have textures with 1024 x 1024 resolution.
Already those of the original gp4 have a maximum 512 x 512.
But this is not the problem.
He is in the hours that you renamed the 10 files *. gp4 of Super Aguri.
You did the right thing, but in the wrong slot.
The aquivos *. gp4 of Super Aguri have to be renamed from car_sa08_carX_lod_X.gp4 to car_prost_carX_lod_X.gp4.
Why RedBull should be car_arrows_carX_lod_X.gp4 or car_jaguar_carX_lod_X.gp4.
The Williams is car_mclaren_carX_lod_X.gp4 and Force India is car_minardi_carX_lod_X.gp4.
See if that works.
Check if using another F1graphics.cfg also helps to solve this problem.

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: October 16, 2008 05:17PM
Posted by: Briere
I still use the 2001 order, and I've never had any white car problem.

Ferrari -> Ferrari
McLaren -> McLaren
Williams -> Williams
Renault -> Benetton
Honda -> BAR
Force India -> Jordan
Super Aguri -> Arrows
BMW Sauber -> Sauber
Red Bull -> Jaguar
Toro Rosso -> Minardi
Toyota -> Prost
Date: October 16, 2008 05:23PM
Posted by: quickslick
and you should unpack the cars wad with gp4 master or easywad and delete the textures from the old cars, because the new textures are named different and the lod files from the cars can't find the correct textures

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2008 05:24PM by quickslick.
Date: October 16, 2008 06:27PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Why don't you use Team Editor? It will be easier to select available shapes which are into your cars.wad

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: October 18, 2008 09:46AM
Yesterday I tried and tried again, but it hasnt worked.

I was near to tears and to demolish my PC, but I choosed to reinstall WinXP instead and now it works fine ;)

I dont know why. All I used was zaztools and the new car files and now im using the same again. I have GP4 on different partitions one is encrypted with TrueCrypt.
Or maybe it was because of the registry, I have no idea, but thanks to all you and your suggestions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy