is it me...?

Posted by stifflers mum 
is it me...?
Date: October 17, 2008 08:14PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
i just made a complete new install of my pc, and that gave me the opportunity to play gp4 as it is. the naked gp4 original installation. its real challenging, very good ki and really good physics. now i installed csm and 2006/2007 season mod.
i have to say, the physics in that mod are crap. compared to the original gp4 physics. dont wanna go deeper into details, but its not good imo. no, its not not good, its bad. just tried to change the physics into the original ones, but dont know how. theres a file in the "patch" folder... nics physics or something. but in gpxpatch set is another file which i cant find enabled.

how can i use original physics and perfomance in csm mod?

thanks alot
Re: is it me...?
Date: October 17, 2008 09:05PM
Posted by: n00binio
go to the mod folder, data, gpx patch and open gpxset.ini there is a line (i forgot how it´s called) that enables custom physics files. put there a 0. do the same in the 2007 subfolder. should do the trick...
Date: October 17, 2008 09:07PM
Posted by: Ahlex
The physics file is in Data\Patch mod folder (nic_GP4_2006.g3p). You can erase it or put another.

[gp4facile.xooit.com]
Date: October 17, 2008 10:00PM
when i erase this file, the physics are not the same as in original game. fe. it seems, the car goes only to 290 km/h as highspeed...?!?
Date: October 17, 2008 10:08PM
that´s because cars have less bhp
Date: October 17, 2008 10:24PM
so, in original gp4 they have enough horses too reach 350. how can i fix this problem?

thanks in advance!
Date: October 18, 2008 02:01AM
Posted by: Mr Pibb
I've always only ever installed cars etc manually (eye candy) but have always maintained the original GP4 physics etc as I still to this day believe it's the best around. This way I have cool looking cars, pitlanes, even tracks (in some instances) I have cool menus and music etc but ultimately have the bog standard GP4 "gameplay" but looking a million time better and as per the latest seasons.

This, imho, is the holy grail for Gp4.

Thanks stifflers mum for showing that I'm not the only one that thinks GP4 is cool as it is. Let's face it, if it wasn't - this very community wouldn't exist.

Is that ambiguous?

Date: October 18, 2008 02:35AM
stifflers mum schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so, in original gp4 they have enough horses too
> reach 350. how can i fix this problem?
>
> thanks in advance!

go into the performance folder located in modname/data and edit the files in it. use a texteditor or load them into teameditor or something similar. i think original gp4 has around 850 - 900 bhp. if you use team editor you can click on standart values to see it. add e.g. 100 bhp for every team and test it. you should add the same amount for every team - otherwise the performances will get mixed up. (don´t forget backups!!!)
Date: October 18, 2008 10:09AM
hmmm...thanks so far. i think i will do it like mr.pibb. more work to do but much better. in our opinion. :P

thanks guys
Date: October 18, 2008 07:38PM
for everyone whos interested:

managed to get the good old physics back. in my case 2007 mod/season.

step 1: go to Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\2006\Data\GpxPatch\2007 and open gpxset.ini

step 2: change

[PerfManager]
Enable=1 to 0

and

[PhysicsManager]
Enable=1 to 0

cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy