GP4 won't install

Posted by Chemical 
GP4 won't install
Date: August 18, 2008 02:11PM
Posted by: Chemical
Hi, I'm new at this forum.

I recently got GP4, but have found it won't install on my computer. A friend, who recommended GP4 to me (i think his name on this forum is msater), said printers cause problems with GP4, but I haven't got one installed, so that's ok. I have got iTunes, and Belkin Network Apdater, could that be the cause? I get as far as the first ever screen, with install Directx8.1, on all of those on, but I press install Grand Prix 4, and it comes up with the install wizard, and Belkin Network apdater is preparing Install Wizard, the loading bar finshes, and the Install W. goes away, but I get no further. i would really like to play GP4, it looks amazing!

Thanks very much, Chemical
Re: GP4 won't install
Date: August 18, 2008 02:42PM
Posted by: Excalibur
I don't know what is your configuration but do that:

First, uninstall GP4 correctly
Then, install DirectX 9.0c, excepted if you're running under Vista wich use directX 10 (don't install the game with directx 8.1)

Once it's done, re-install GP4 in this order:

1- GP4 game
2- Official patch 9.6
3- GP4.exe decrypted
5- Launch a quick race, esc, save & quit the game
4- install GPxpatch

Launch the game with GPXpatch...

If all is correct then, you have choice to install new cars, misc and other add-ons manually or with CSM (Zaz tools)...I suggest you to have a look into the GP4 faq ...to find links for new cars, mods, tracks etc, look into the forum (you can use the search function for a speciefied file, car etc..)

And here are links for mods, cars, tracks, misc and other add-ons...
[www.grandprixgames.org]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: GP4 won't install
Date: August 19, 2008 08:05AM
Posted by: mortal
'and Belkin Network apdater is preparing Install Wizard'

Why is the Belkin adapter preparing the install wizard? That is unusual.
If you suspect the Belkin adapter, try this. Disable the adaptor in Device Manager. Strip any Infogrames entries from the registry, use Start/Run/Regedit, and search for Infogrames. Selete all entries. Then try the installation again. If successful, re-enable the Belkin Adaptor in Device Manager, then follow the advice as given by Excalibur to complete the installation.
Welcome to the forums, let us know how you get on with it. If you fix it, post the fix here and edit the topic to show 'Solved'. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy