Posted by TTG 
Date: July 15, 2008 01:40PM
Posted by: TTG
Just found my old Grand Prix 4 CD and installed. Been playing for a couple of hours and its still a great game in its basic format but I am now wanting to update to whatever is the latest items you have available.

I've looked at a few stickies on the forum and most of the links to files etc are now obsolete. Can anyone guide me where to make a start.

Thanks
Re: Newbie
Date: July 15, 2008 02:00PM
Posted by: msater
First download GPxPatch. seach on google, it will come up. well, if you want good mods, go to gp4db.com, and download zaz tools, and any mod of your choosing.

msater
Date: July 15, 2008 02:35PM
Posted by: Excalibur
There are a lot of mods you can play with, also new cars, new tracks....etc You can modifiy whatever you want (csm mod or manual changes into your gp4 folders with tools).

To begin, look at the GP4 faq in this forum for guides. I'm sure you 'll find many answers.Look at the topics too for work done from modders and members.

Now you have installed a clear GP4, I suggest you to look on sites dedicated to GP4 close from the community. Many F1 mods and evolutions from 1979 to 2008 are available:

Racing on the edge
GP4 World
GP4Italia
GP4DB.com
RealGpx (for tools)
GP4Facile (french)
Racesimulations
...etc

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2008 02:40PM by Excalibur.
Date: July 15, 2008 03:08PM
Posted by: Timzaghi
I reincarnated aswell. I see god came by to make the track editing succesfull, amazing.

Date: July 15, 2008 05:42PM
Posted by: TTG
Thanks for your help guys .. now running 2006 season cars, names and tracks.
I didn't realise the game was still so well supported.
I guess Geoff Crammond won't be making another version !?
Date: July 15, 2008 05:49PM
Posted by: msater
TTG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess Geoff Crammond won't be making another
> version !?

he might, but its unlikely. some of us are hoping codemasters will hire him, and buy the rights of Infogrames for the grand Prix series, so the new codemasters game would be called Grand Prix 5, but..
Date: July 15, 2008 06:06PM
If Geoff Grammond could see modders works from the community, maybe he would be motivated to do a Grand Prix 5, hehehehe!! ;)

I don't know if Infogrammes would accept to sell the rights of the Grand Prix series to Codemasters but it would be great news for gamers...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: July 16, 2008 12:31PM
Posted by: Timzaghi
Well you could see it in 2 different ways, when grandprix 5 would be realised, every bit of work that's been done for the past series will have to start all over again. Unless granprix 5 is precisely the same engine. It is a new challenge ofcourse.

Date: July 16, 2008 11:53PM
Info: Codemasters get the official F1 licence and it should be a sim...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2008 12:01AM by Excalibur.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy