sound question

Posted by stifflers mum 
sound question
Date: July 09, 2008 11:05PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
hi there around,

i try to change the sounds. some sounds are original 16 bit 11khz. when i replace them, with an file which is equal in lenght, bit and hertz, theres nothing to hear in sample editor 1.6. do i change the bits to 8, i hear the sound in sample editor, but not ingame... any suggestions?
Re: sound question
Date: July 10, 2008 10:11AM
anyone please? no ideas? laurent, b-tone or lo2k maybe? :P
Date: July 10, 2008 01:50PM
Posted by: LWC
stifflers mum Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi there around,
>
> i try to change the sounds. some sounds are
> original 16 bit 11khz. when i replace them, with
> an file which is equal in lenght, bit and hertz,
> theres nothing to hear in sample editor 1.6. do i
> change the bits to 8, i hear the sound in sample
> editor, but not ingame... any suggestions?

Did you convert the sounds from stereo to mono,gp4 doesnt work with stereo sounds..
Date: July 10, 2008 02:09PM
yeah of course! i dont now if its a bug or what... the sample in same quality, bits and hertz, but you dont hear it in sound editor, and if, not in game... strange...
Date: July 10, 2008 05:20PM
Posted by: Excalibur
I got another question about sounds... Where could I find realistic engine sounds, please?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: July 10, 2008 05:50PM
stifflers mum Wrote:
> yeah of course! i dont now if its a bug or what...
> the sample in same quality, bits and hertz, but
> you dont hear it in sound editor, and if, not in
> game... strange...

that used to happen to me when the files were stereo instead of mono,if your still getting the same problem then i really dunno..
Date: July 10, 2008 07:26PM
Posted by: Briere
Excalibur Wrote:
> I got another question about sounds... Where could
> I find realistic engine sounds, please?

[www.gp4db.com]
Date: July 10, 2008 08:01PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Thanks a lot, Briere!

Cheers!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: July 10, 2008 11:37PM
i think i pointed out the prob. it seems, the files are played properly ingame, but alot to low. which txt file is for stuff like "internal starter" loundness?

thx guys
Date: July 11, 2008 12:20AM
internal starter doesnt have a text file,the text file only works for the main engine sounds,internal and external but not the cpu cars..ive made the internal starter very loud but still couldnt hear it properly,some samples need to be kept as the default bitrate other wise they sound either slowed down or very fast,i know this by making external ambient sounds with the wrong bitrate,sounded really odd till i corrected it..
Date: July 11, 2008 12:46AM
ok...thanks for that. you said youve done ambient sounds. i changed the external engine sounds, all of them who ar inside the bnk. but still, i hear the old gp4 external sounds. whats that for a tricky sh**t?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy