My first Painting Attempt.............

Posted by Peter Dunham 
My first Painting Attempt.............
Date: July 31, 2003 08:25PM
Posted by: Peter Dunham
This car is 100% based on the 2003 Ferrari of Viper and Ghostrider and is in now way my doing, ive just slapped some paint on the car and renamed all the files to work as Arrows............

i got the idea from Mr. Pearsons Holden/BAR so i thought id tackle one myself, these are the VERY early shots of the car , its already gone thru some changes since, any comments welcome, any sugestions welcome also.

I picked this carshape as it has alot of appeal and from any angle isnt boring to look at , well done to Viper and Ghostrider for this outstanding bit of work.
I have done this for personal use and to learn how GP4 files and mapping work so please dont flame me for posting these shots

[forum.racesimcentral.com]

Cheers
Pete

Refuse to Lose
Re: My first Painting Attempt.............
Date: July 31, 2003 08:29PM
Oh while im here i have a Question , how do i get Colored Rims on a team like Silver one's for Ferrari ?? cause im sick of black one's
i think im using default wheels with updated tires, i dont want to go with 3d rims tho as my system is marginal as is and where would i find some

cheers
Pete

Refuse to Lose
Date: July 31, 2003 09:46PM
Posted by: variante_ascari
another Holden eh? nice! :D
for the rims, download Lo2k's cameditor

Date: August 01, 2003 02:29AM
Cameditor to change the rim color ????? how

Refuse to Lose
Date: August 01, 2003 02:33AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
it's in there, don't worry
just download the tool, satisfaction guaranteed :P

Date: August 01, 2003 02:36AM
Posted by: anze89
Date: August 01, 2003 03:53AM
oh yes found the option in there where you change the tire brands , always wondered what those colored boxes were for LOL

dun worrie im from South Australia hence why im a bit slow on the uptake ;)

cheers
Car is coming along alot better now and is looking less like a Ferrari with logo changes :)

Pete

Refuse to Lose
Date: August 01, 2003 06:09AM
Posted by: CC
Hey Peter

Can you tell me how exactly did you put that car in the arrows slot? Step by step? ......yep, i'm a aussie too (west)

And where did you get the car from?

Thanks
Date: August 01, 2003 03:45PM
ok ive updated the skin a little more , not brilliant yet but getting there slowly

still not happy with it but it is coming along

cheers
Pete

Refuse to Lose
Date: August 01, 2003 04:47PM
@CC

hi , firstly im not very good at explaining what i do as once i figure out a way of doing thing i just do it but ill give it a go

Ok i use Hex workshop 4.1 from [www.bpsoft.com]

now pick the car you want to use, for this eg. im going to use the names of the car im making for myself...

get ALL the car files " car_name_car1_lod_0.gp4 " and so on.....then
get ALL the tex files " name_1.tex " and so on

(NOTE cars have LOD's for 0 , 1, 2, 3 , 4 and sometimes 35 for cars 1 and 2)
place these in a temp folder, in my case its Pete's files on the desktop for easy access

Rename ALL the files in you folder to suit what you want for the car
eg. car_ferrari_car1_lod_0.gp4 becomes car_arrows_car1_0.gp4
do this to all the LOD files
then
Rename ALL the tex files to what the car want to use this isnt so restrictive so its up to you.
eg. ferrari_1.tex becomes arrows_a22_1.tex
(NOTE** rename the HI_ files also but you wont need to use the HI_ prefix in anything else we do here)

Ok now we should have a bunch of files in you folder that are renamed and ready to get down and dirty with getting the LOD's to look for those tex files.

Open Hexeditor.

Step 1 - click on - File open and select you first car file car1_0.gp4
Step 2 - click on - Edit then Find or Cntrl F
Step 3 - Set Type to TEXT STRING and in Value type "cockpit_damage"

on the main screen lower right window will be a couple of values now click on the top one just to have a look, as you do this look at top right screen and now see some text lines we are going to change, i use this as a visual ref.

Step 4 - click on - Edit then replace or Cntrl H
Step 5 - Again make sure that TYPE is text string , in the find window type the CURRENT name of the tex that the LOD looks for in this case ferrari_1

Step 6 - in the replace window type what you want this to become remembering what you named your tex files earlier in this case arrows_a22_1

step 7 - click ok , a prompt will apper saying to replace one or all just click ALL

Step 8 - click on - Edit then replace or Cntrl H and repeat process for each tex file the car needs like now ferrari_2 to arrows_a22_3 and so on

Step 9 - once you have done all the changes click File and save or Cntrl S you will be prompted if you want to BAK the file up , thats up to you

Step 10 - Repeat Steps for all car_lod files , however you will find hexeditor will remember valuesso you wont have to look for Cockpit_damage again

Once you are Happy that you have renamed all your files and made sure using Hex editor that the LODs will now look for the right named tex files use GP4master in install into the WAD as normal and go racing.....

(SPECIAL NOTE)** some cars have more than the normal _1 _2 and_3 tex files, be mindfull of this before you start for eg. this Ferrari im using for my car has 1, 2, 3, 4 and ferrari_body.tex i had to change

I hope this helps a little as i tend not to do things the easy way LOL

cheers
Pete

PS. the car is VIPER and GHOSTRIDERS 2003 GA ferrari from here :[www.f1grandprix.net] some of the best work seen yet

Post Edited (08-02-03 03:16)

Refuse to Lose
Date: August 02, 2003 03:48AM
Posted by: CC
Hi Peter

Ok thanks, i'll give it a go and see if it works. I take it this is a new shape of the Ferrari and i can in fact replace the existing Ferrari with it? is that right?

I might try that first to as it should be just a matter of making sure they all have the same name as what i'm replacing, right?
Date: August 02, 2003 05:39AM
Posted by: genesis
Anze can you say anything apart from LOL, or LMAO?

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 02, 2003 05:45AM
Posted by: Abstraction
I'mah a Proud Auzzie myself :D

Can anyone post the pic, cause i cbf registering.

Can we get it personally?

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 02, 2003 05:53AM
Ok, its good, but i think somethings could be changed, Pete, do u want my help?

if not, can i get it tho? i still dun know how to work Hex editor.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 02, 2003 06:07AM
Andrew if you want to help im all for it, please do, ill send the tga's or tex if ya want

Refuse to Lose
Date: August 02, 2003 06:15AM
i've already sent a e-mail :D

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 02, 2003 09:59AM
last update by way of a pic before i hand the tga's over to Andrew so he can play with them, i think you will agree its better than first two updates, its getting ever so closer to where i want to be for a first go..

Compare the 3 shots and let me know what ya's think
Andew the tga files ill mail tomorrow if you have Vipers ferrari just use that to see how it goes in game

cheers
Pete

Refuse to Lose
Date: August 02, 2003 10:35AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
dunno where hes gone, but korn_freak made a nice holden too :)

Date: August 02, 2003 10:55AM
yeah i know, his car is nice and simple, easy on the eye on track, i thought of making one on a newer shape and try to represent more of a Holden Racing team look about it , its getting there slowly

Refuse to Lose
Date: August 04, 2003 02:31PM
Is bar some minor tweeking the general painting is finished.....

sorry but i dont know of anywhere else i can post a pic if anyone wants to help out there id be very happy!!!!

As ive said before this car is in no way my doing, its VIPER's 2003 ferrari all i did was remove the Ferrari Sponsers and make it more like a Hybrid of a 2002/03 Holden Racing team Machine openwheeler F1

I have edited the LODs to look for new textures in my case the Arrows team , as you can see in the Screenie ive done a cockpit also, and waiting on Hakkinenf1 for the pit crew , i made a standin one but isnt very good at this stage..................

I will ask Viper for permission to release this car however im told he doesnt give permission often, if this is the case i respect this as he has done alot of hard work and shown outstanding skills in editing GP4 for all of us to enjoy.

Cheers
Peter

Refuse to Lose
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy