Time to pack it all away

Posted by Gerrit 
Time to pack it all away
Date: June 08, 2008 01:28PM
Posted by: Gerrit
The last time a played Gp2/3/4, was about 5 yrs ago...as I raced F3 locally and that kept me busy. As I stopped racing recently, I bought a powerfull new PC and loaded GP3 & GP4, dusted off my MS Sidewinder and Logitech Driving Force and Driving Force Pro.

Installed all the relevant patches.

The games start up - the graphics are great, and I can play via keyboard.

However, any attempt at using any of the above mentioned 3 "wheels" turns into total frustration.

Is it really rocket science to get them to work, or should I just pack it all in?

Regard,
Gerrit
www.formulagti.com
gerrit@formulagti.com
Re: Time to pack it all away
Date: June 08, 2008 02:08PM
Posted by: Beardless2
Do you mean none of them work at all as in GP4 doesn't recongise them, or you cannot get to grips with the sensitivity/realism of the wheels and so are spinning off etc?
Date: June 08, 2008 02:23PM
Posted by: paranoik0
GP4 has a really weird way to setup steering wheels, I think you need to save a profile, then load it, and only then you're able to change the settings, lol. But I don't remember which are the exact steps.
Date: June 08, 2008 03:50PM
Windows recognise the wheels, the Logitech utility pick up the respective wheels, However in GP/3/4,the steering wheel works, & the Accel/brake and the paddle shifts DO NOT work at all.

I have gone about this by loading the Logitech utility before the games load, but no luck. Started the games without the Logitech utility, no luck, Configured a new controller under advanced controller options...no luck.

Despite all the track/car/graphics mods that is available, I am stunned that no one has created a wheel utility, or config files, as accurate game play with a working accurate wheel is a lot more relevant than fancy graphics and the latest track pack.

Gerrit
Date: June 08, 2008 03:54PM
I don't know what it could be.. my Logitech wheel works fine :\

A friend of mine had a problem with the pedals not being recognised, but it was because he had the wheel connected to an USB adapter - sometimes those adapters don't have enough voltage or something, you need to connect the wheel directly to the USB port. And sometimes some USB ports don't have enough voltage too.
Date: June 08, 2008 03:56PM
Posted by: b-tone
There is a tutorial about setting up wheels here:
[www.grandprixx.com]

____
Tony

Date: June 08, 2008 04:16PM
Thanks Tony.....But....

I can only access the TOP "NOT USED" not the bottom one.

Also I have no OPTIONS under the "steering device"

Thus I can notget to the screen "controller A"

Gerrit
Date: June 08, 2008 04:19PM
Doesn't matter, the top "not used" setting is the same thing. You need to select that so you can change the steering device.
Date: June 08, 2008 04:30PM
Yip I selected the bottom 'NOT USED"

But....

Also I have no OPTIONS under the "steering device"

Thus I can not get to the screen "controller A"

I am gonna wipe GP 4 and start from scratch
Date: June 08, 2008 04:42PM
If you still don't have the options, save that profile, then load it. That will activate the options, if I remember right.
Date: June 08, 2008 05:11PM
Nope this is crazy...........No options available,

I have had enough...wasting too much time
Date: June 08, 2008 05:26PM
Got it working on one wheel thanks for the patience Tony.

Gerrit
Date: June 08, 2008 05:28PM
I just entered the game to check it again and this is how it works:

1. choose "wheel"

2. click advanced

3. save profile

4. now select "not used"

5. click advanced

6. load the profile you saved

It has to work, it works here, it always worked. I'm guessing you are trying to load it after choosing "wheel".

Sorry for not explaining it properly before - this is undoubtedly a confusing and illogical way to setup the controls, it has always been a problem in GP4. And that tutorial, while helpful, should have mentioned this part.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2008 05:28PM by paranoik0.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy