I'M SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by retop56 
I'M SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: May 22, 2008 01:28AM
Posted by: retop56
I got this game and was really excited about the mod community and what I could do with it. When I boot the game, I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!!! The controls are horrible so I downloaded the GPx Patch and edited the controls through the key binds but they still don't work. I was wondering if someone could copy and paste their controls so I can use them in my game because I am about ready to GIVE UP!!!!! Thank you in advance.
Re: I'M SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: May 22, 2008 01:39AM
Posted by: PulpzillA
go to the options and go into controls...
Date: May 22, 2008 02:02AM
I try to but it won't freakin work. I edit the controls through GPXPatch but they still don't work. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A LIST OF THEIR CONTROLS SO I CAN COPY THEM INTO THE KEYS.INI. I also have a question on how to fix the little windows in game. When I switch the view all the windows turn white where the positions data should be. Also the cars look white too. THIS GAME LOOKS FUN BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S PISSING ME OFF. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! :(((((((((((((((((((((
Date: May 22, 2008 02:23AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
The controls are there so you use 2 hands to control turning and throttle, it makes things far easier, trust me. The following keys are GP4's defaults from memory:

A and Z are the acceleration and braking respectively, , (<;) and . (>;) are the buttons for turning left and right. Toggling pit in setting is "Enter". To change the view point, use Page Up. Page Down defaults to a chase view, much like older and most other racing games. Default reverses this view, so you're looking backwards. Home puts the focus on your car, in whatever viewpoint it may be in. "Right" defaults to the T-cam view or the in-cockpit view. "Left" I think defaults to the TV camera position. Insert switches to a director's cut, and should only be used when you're not controlling the car because the focus may not be on your vehicle.

I hope this helps. Please don't be infuriated, GP4 is a great game, it just needs a little love and attention to get the best out of it.

Regarding the white textures, I think setting the texture detail in the "Options" menu to the maximum setting solves that problem. If not, use search as the problem's been around for a while.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: May 22, 2008 02:34AM
Thank you because you fixed my other problems but I need just one more thing. The pit menu keeps showing in the lower right hand corner and it won't go. Also, when I am in the pit for practice, I select to leave the pit and the pitcrew guy comes to lower my car and then the pit chief says clear. When I start driving though, the game WILL NOT shift gears. I keep pressing the button I set to shift gears and it won't work so I'm getting REALLY agitated. I really want this game to work out for me so please help.
Date: May 22, 2008 02:43AM
OK, not to worry. If you've got automatic gears enabled, something's a bit wrong. If not, the default button to change gears is the Spacebar. You have to be accelerating and press Space to go up, when changing down (i.e) to brake for a corner, just press Space and it'll downshift one. It's not the most elegant solution, but it works OK. Now you understand why you need 2 hands.

If there's a mod loaded, for example with CSM, and the pit limiter is enabled, then disable that since it's screwed in practice and has never worked in my case.

The pit menu is something within GPxPatch, and the module name escapes me, to find it look for something in each GPxPatch section called "Enable in-car setup", and disable that, but you can safely ignore it as it's related to setups, and the Setup menu when you're pitted is far easier to learn.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

Date: May 22, 2008 03:09AM
Ok well I got that down. Now I have one more little question left. When I'm playing, it feels as if the game is trying to turn for me and when I turn manually the steering wheel won't really turn. I turned all the driving aids off except traction control. What should I do?
Date: May 22, 2008 03:16AM
If you're using the keyboard, the driving aid "Steering Help" is turned on by default, and cannot be turned off. It's rather handy because keyboards are usually digital (press = 1, release = 0), and if that was applied to the steering, whenever you turned you'd get full lock, which would spin you. The only way to not have it turn for you is to either get a steering wheel, or a gamepad with an analogue axis, and that adds a new complexity to a new experience. Trust me when I say that the keyboard is the easiest control method for beginners, and can be quite fast with seasoned racers.

Get used to using the keyboard, then when you're feeling confident, get a steering wheel.

I hope this has all helped. :)

Date: May 22, 2008 03:25AM
You are pretty much god. I am so happy. This next question is in regards to modding. Where do I go to download cars and helmets and the names and pictures of drivers from the 2006 or 2007 season because I want to mod EVERYTHING!!!:)
Date: May 22, 2008 05:17AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
If you would have READ YOUR MANUAL that came with the game you would have known all the solutions of your problems !!!!!!

MODS: install CSM (zaz tools) and download season mods for it and you have everything what your heart desire
Date: May 22, 2008 05:19AM
Posted by: mortal
@retop56, please dont use CAPS, we don't like being shouted at ok. ;-) Take the time to read the GP4FAQ sticky topic. And the forum rules. Go to gp4db.com for downloads, get CSM, and there is a download section here as well. Welcome to the forums, enjoy. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 22, 2008 05:49AM
Bigbrother Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you would have READ YOUR MANUAL that came with
> the game you would have known all the solutions of
> your problems !!!!!!
>
> MODS: install CSM (zaz tools) and download season
> mods for it and you have everything what your
> heart desire

Some people are just impatient. I'm being nice for a change. I coulda said RTFM, but thought I'd better explain it to a new racer. :)

Date: May 22, 2008 03:56PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
Practise on a keyboard makes perfect! :0) Little tip, when playing without automatic brakes, and you've steeeeemed into a corner a little too quick, tap the brake button like ABS would! ;0) Always works for me. Also, tapping keys either while cornering, or when driving with no TC is beneficial. For me anyway.

Viper-Mazda. The best 11th team I've ever made. :P But its 'cause I made it. WAYHEY!!!
Date: May 22, 2008 05:53PM
Posted by: Shaddix
controls are bit hard at first, but when you get used to it you'll never want something diferent

I dited my GTR and rFactor controls to those GP4 controls ;)

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy