@Ellis

Posted by Caelen 
@Ellis
Date: July 30, 2003 12:59AM
Posted by: Caelen

just to clarify a few points for you, hope it helps.
there are three shapes in the cockpits folder, cockpit.gp4,cockpit_dash.gp4 and cockpit_wheel.gp4.
the cockpit.gp4 is a redundent file, i have deleted it from my cars.wad.
However the cockpit shape is a combination of the dasboard and the wheel.
by default the steering wheel shape cannot be edited in z-modeller, but the dash and cockpit can be.
from som info in this forum i was able to remove the steering wheel for the cockpit shape and save it as cockpit_wheel.gp4 which was now editable and works in gp4. the default sash shape is editable however in z-modeller it appears as a mess. yoll either have to leave it unedited or rearrange things as you like, youre welcome to use any of my shapes as a starting point. perhaps look at vipers dash shape, i think hes left it pretty much as default, only adding a window.

as for moving objects from 1 to the other i simply moved the whole object name and all. i did this by loading the default wheel, deleting whatever i didnt need and then merging what was left with the dash shape. (i'd already edited the dash and saved in z-modeller format)

if these are any use to you you are very welcome
heres a default wheel shape and my dash shape in z3d format, plus a couple of extra .tgas youll need to load them properly

[urlhttp://www.users.bigpond.com/Caelen/cockpits/zmodshape.zip[/url]
Re: @Ellis
Date: July 30, 2003 08:42AM
Posted by: Ellis
Thank you for the hel

this is pretty much how i thought you might have done it

as for moving objects from 1 to the other i simply moved the whole object name and all. i did this by loading the default wheel, deleting whatever i didnt need and then merging what was left with the dash shape. (i'd already edited the dash and saved in z-modeller format)

Putting items onto the dash shape that were orgionally on the wheel.

this is alot of trial and error tho right? And note our GT cockpit has some angeled parts where i was gona stick an LCD, so that wud take ages.

What i purpose is ignoring the dash shape right now and sticking it on the actaully cockpit shape file, the shape that we use to edit the basic layout.

I have a feeling it wont work, but it might be worth a shot

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 31, 2003 02:46AM
Posted by: Caelen
if you mean putting dash into car_cockpit0.gp4 shape then i think youll find it wont work. what you can do is save your car_cockpit.gp4 as a single object then merge that with your dash, put all the dash bits where you want them then delete the cockpit object. then all the relevent dash bits shouild be in the right place and you just have to move the whole dash object ,ie all bits/objects that make up the dash.
what i mean by moving is that if you do the dash this way with the cockpit shape used to position everthing it wont show up in game in exactly the same way. however you can use cameditor to position the dash object in the right place.
Date: July 31, 2003 05:51AM
Posted by: Ellis
Oh yeah! Never thought of that! Thanx mate!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy