Problems with startup

Posted by treadfinbf 
Problems with startup
Date: April 23, 2008 01:27AM
Posted by: treadfinbf
Hi everyone,

When I try and run GP4 I get a blank black screen...but I can still hear the sounds of the game (the movie thing and then the menu when I press enter), so I can still control and hear the game but I can't see it...any patches or suggestions?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2008 01:28AM by treadfinbf.
Re: Problems with startup
Date: April 23, 2008 01:28AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Update your graphic card drivers to the latest !!!!
Date: April 23, 2008 01:30AM
How do I do that?
Date: April 23, 2008 01:44AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
If you have an ATI graphic card you go to there to get the latest driver for your graphic card: [ati.amd.com]

If you have a Nvidia graphic card you go to there to get the latest driver for your graphic card: [www.nvidia.com]
Date: April 23, 2008 01:56AM
OK in hardware it says nvidia so I went to that site...and I did the "Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products". It came up with my one (NVidia Vanta) and the newest update - (ForceWare Release 70 Version: 71.89 WHQL).

SO I downloaded it, but then when I try and install it an error pops up saying- "The NVIDIA Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current software. Setup will now exit."
And it closes...

Any ideas?

thanks heaps
Date: April 23, 2008 07:28AM
Posted by: mortal
The Nvidia Vanta is a pretty basic card. I'd consider getting something better.
Some Nvidia drivers, will not run the setup until you have uninstalled the current drivers. That is why it says no card found. Re-boot to VGA mode after uninstalling, then try the install.
Another way is to unpack the driver archive and use the inf files therein to do the install. Here is a link to the Nvidia driver archive, they are older drivers and will probably run better on your card. Todays basic cards are better than that Vanta you have so an upgrade is probably the best way to go. ;-)
[www.nvidia.com]
This link is to a program that will open the driver archive [www.7-zip.org]
Once you've successfully split the driver open, so you can see a directory of files, then you go to the display properties. (Right click desktop, properties)
Choose SETTINGS, then ADVANCED ADAPTER tab, PROPERTIES, DRIVER tab
Update driver, NO to Windows update.
Now you can either point the search at the path you extracted the driver to, or use "don't search", and then point to them using "Have disk".
Now the important part, which drivers? It's an older card, and the new drivers can be problematic for some older cards, so try these from the driver archive.
28.32, 29.42 or 30.82 53.x
You really need something that's going to "cut the mustard" when it comes to your all important gaming. Once you get GP4 up and running, you're going to want to load a mod, and most of them are hi-res, and then there's the hi-res tracks that are must haves as well. Your Vanta probably won't hack it, or it will at an unplayable frame rate, or you have to turn off all the 'eye-candy' which defeats the purpose.
Good luck with it, let us know how you go.
btw, welcome to the forums, enjoy :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 23, 2008 09:24AM
Posted by: phantaman
specifies which is the configuration of your hardware (if is a desktop, notebook, laptop and etc...).
seems to me that this controller demands a oem driver and in the nvidia website i found the following information => [www.nvidia.com]

nvidia Informs:
-------------------------------------------------------
..."The NVIDIA Vanta comes in 4-16MB configurations...."

treadfinbf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK in hardware it says nvidia so I went to that
> site...and I did the "Automatically find drivers
> for my NVIDIA products". It came up with my one
> (NVidia Vanta) and the newest update - (ForceWare
> Release 70 Version: 71.89 WHQL).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks heaps

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: April 23, 2008 09:30AM
I got it working from mortals post...thanks heaps!! although I might have some more questions soon...lol
thanks again
Date: April 23, 2008 09:55AM
Posted by: phantaman
Ok... :p

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy