GP4 install problem on new config

Posted by bastardboat 
GP4 install problem on new config
Date: April 15, 2008 06:57AM
Posted by: bastardboat
Hello!

I have a new PC, and I would like to install gp4 on the new config, but when I try to run setup.exe, I have an error message, and the installation does not start. (I have the same problem with other games like il2 Forgotten battles, but others like fifa 07 works fine).

Is there any connection between the new intel core 2 duo E6750 processor?
My operating system is win XP SP2

Thanks in advance!
Re: GP4 install problem on new config
Date: April 15, 2008 07:07AM
Posted by: mortal
How about telling us the error message. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 15, 2008 09:27AM
Unfortunatelly I have to work now, but when I'll be home, I will paste the exact error message here.
Date: April 15, 2008 03:53PM
So, when it's starting with autorun, it fails to load the bmp files of the buttons, it looks a bit weird, but I can choose the install button, after that, I can choose the language of the installation, and there comes the error message: error extracting support files.

My config is:
GIGABYTE P35-DS3R motherboard
Intel E6750 core 2 duo proc.
2x1GB RAM
250 GB Samsung SATA HDD
Sapphire Radeon 3850/512MB
IDE DVD-RW
Date: April 15, 2008 03:54PM
bastardboat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, when it's starting with autorun, it fails to
> load the bmp files of the buttons, it looks a bit
> weird, but I can choose the install button, after
> that, I can choose the language of the
> installation, and there comes the error message:
> error extracting support files.
>
> My config is:
> GIGABYTE P35-DS3R motherboard
> Intel E6750 core 2 duo proc.
> 2x1GB RAM
> 250 GB Samsung SATA HDD
> Sapphire Radeon 3850/512MB
> IDE DVD-RW

The setup.exe does not working too.
Date: April 15, 2008 09:52PM
Have you got the original disc? If so, please test it on another machine. That will tell you whether or not if the disc is corrupted. I suspect that could be the case because you say that the setep.exe is not working either.
Another way to test the files is to copy them to a temp folder and then try the install from there. If you cannot copy them, your disc is of course corrupt and you will have to replace it. You can usually find a copy on ebay.
An afterthought, run registry mechanic or similar to strip redundant entries, in case of anything left from a previous install.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 16, 2008 07:47AM
Thanks for your reply.

I tried to copy the content of the cd to the hdd, and it was ok, but I can't run it from there too.
I don't think, that registry has some problems, because it's a brand new config, with a new install of XP SP2, that's why I think there could be something with the new hardware drivers, or a connection between the new processor, or the new graphic card.
Date: April 16, 2008 07:49AM
And I forgot to mention, that the same disk worked well on the old config.

Maybe I will try to reinstall Windows, and try to run the setup without any drivers installed.
Date: April 16, 2008 08:04AM
I wouldn't go that far just yet. Remove the graphics card and try the install again.

Date: April 16, 2008 08:59AM
Posted by: Willb
Serously doubt its the graphics card.

Id suggest trying to run the setup without useing the autorun as it can sometimes mess up. So browse the cd and find an .msi or a setup.exe.

Have you tried running setup as an administrator?

Apologies if you already tried this,

Regards
Wills

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: April 21, 2008 10:47AM
Now I have the solution. It was the SATA/RAID driver of the motherboard. I reinstalled XP, and everything what I had, without this driver, and everything works fine now.

Thanks for your help!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy