The Big 4............

Posted by Pooky 
The Big 4............
Date: July 29, 2003 01:09PM
Posted by: Pooky
So we are at the 6th round out of 17 in the GP4 Forum Hotlap Competition. It has been a great championship so far. Close lap times indicate what a highly skilled bunch of drivers we have here.

4 drivers have stood out so far in the championship, with another driver ready to make it 5 - but we will come back to that later.

Fabio Do Carmo BRAZILIAN- Professional racing driver, Experience in karts, Formula Renault

Ville Jarvinen FINNISH - Racing driver, Experience in karts, limited cars

Powerhorse ENGLISH- Amateur racing driver, some experience in karts

Korn_freak AUSTRALIAN- Little or no racing experience

These 4 are fighting it out for the coverted title of 'GP4 Forum Hotlap World Champion'

So lets review the season so far:

Monaco

What a fantastic place to start the championship with. Beautiful scenery, beautiful people, and the sound of a screeching V10 roaring up Rivage towards Massenet.
Powerhorse soon sets a blistering pace. Controversially his times are illegal due to a confusion with the teams engine supplier.

VilleJ and Fcarmo soon assurt themselves to the top of the timetables. Fcarmo sets consistent sector times. He is Fastest in sector 1, and 2nd in 2 and 3. This nets him 2nd fastest time. Villej is very fast too. His fastest sector times in 2 and 3 net him his maiden win. Powerhorse complains of a general lack of grip. His effort is shown by going faster than winner Villej in sector 1, but his lack of grip hurts him in 2 and 3 and comes in third, surprisingly off the pace of the frontrunners. Korn_freak takes time to accustomise to his F1 car, and runs in a disappointing 8th place.

Montreal

The second round is upon us in Canada. An entry of an impressive 24 drivers ensure this will be a very competitive round. On the Sunday, all the drivers pay there respects too Gilles Villeneuve.

The times start to tumble dramatically, lap after lap, setup change after setup change. Villej is surprisingly off the pace, netting a 4th place finish only. Couldnt get the setup right sounding from him. Korn_freak starts to feel comfortable with a 855hp Formula 1 racing car and endears himself into 3rd spot. He hits a 1 minute 13 flat.

This is shaping up too a 2 way fight between the young brazilian hotshot, and the confident englishmen. After setting the pace in the first sector, the 2nd and 3rd sectors only net the 3rd and 2nd fastest time thus coming in second place. Fcarmo assurts his racing car experience and hooks sectors 2 and 3 up beautifully to win. This is shaping up to be a close championship.

Nurburgring

Its off to across the pond into Europe and Germany. Fcarmo come son a high after his win in Canada. He expresses his desire to win here. Powerhorse is still chasing his first win. He acknowledges it will happen when it happens. Villej wishes to finish on the podium and korn_freak expresses his thoughts of a good finish.

Well 3 drivers manage to break the 1:12 barrier. Fcarmo again shows his consitency by going fastest in sector 1 and 3. This ability to hook up all his sectors nets him win 2 to the jubilation of his support crew and team. Rubens Barrichello comes to congratulate Fcarmo.
Villej takes a deserved 2nd place 0.14 off his 2nd win. Powerhorse is a further2 1/2 tenths adrift and nets 3rd. He expresses his happyness of this run of podiums but adds he desperately wants that elusive first win. Korn_freak comes in 4th again, inexperience getting the better of him.

Magny Cours

After a short break the championship kicks off again in rural France. This modern bland track not the favourite track out of the drivers, but none-the-less still enjoyable to drive.

Ville Jarvinen ends his run of 2nd place to take the win. His natural silky smooth driving style help him on this smooth, undulating track. Fcarmo loses some time in sector 2 and this demotes him to 2nd place. Korn_freak is on fire, and finishes a very respectable 3rd place. Mark Webber joins him in the after race party!
powerhorse is a very disappointed 4th. He is blisteringly fast, a full 2 tenths faster than the next driver, and in sector 2 is fast in sector 2, but a huge opposite lock slide at the imola chicane in sector 3 lose him 7 tenths to Fcarmo and his chance of his first win! But he showed his intent and pace to its full extent here.
The championship is still very close, only a handful of points seperating the top 4 drivers.

Controversy reigns again, when it becomes clear that Fcarmo and Villej have both been using a 'steering aid'. After long delibertion, it is decided that these will not be used in future, and it will be down to driver skill, not a driver aid. TC and auto gears remain.

Silverstone

The 5th round is upon us in sunny Northamptonshire, England. The English press get behind there leading English driver Powerhorse. The fans want to see a home victory and Powerhorse states his clear intention to win.

The battle commences, and Powerhorse sets the pace early on. Villej replicates his fellow countryman Hakkinen's love for this track and slots into second. A brilliant effort by the rising talent GianF1onboard results in a shock win! Powerhorse only manages 3rd, after losing time in sector 1 and 2, he manages to also miscalculate how much time ther eis left - and with a bit more time would have gone faster to win. Fcarmo has a rare quiet race, and comes in 4th 7 tenths off the pace. The top 3 are covered by 64 hundedths of a second showing the fierce competition in this championship. korn_freak trails in 8th after a very disappointing session and complains of car balance and system problems.

After this first part of the season, and still no wins for Powerhorse, he lets out a press release stating his hiring of a new manager, Martin Brundle and the statement reads:

"After not yet winning my first race, I am changing my management and work ethic, and will do all in my power to close the gap to championship leader Fcarmo and get that first win. I have total faith in my ablities as a grandprix driver, and a when the time right a win will follow"

After hanging out with Juan Pablo Montoya, he has clearly learnt from Juan that a win will come when it comes. There is no point in dwelling on it.

Hockenheim

So we are at the 6th round of the championship. The competition is fiece, a gap of only 12 points covers the top 3 with Korn_freak not far behind. Who will win at Hockenheim??

Will Powerhorse finally get that first win?

Will Fcarmo stretch out his points lead?

Will Korn_freak do the business?

Will Villej close the gap down to Fcarmo?

Will this rising Italian star GianF1onboard prove his talent by taking another win?

You will have to watch this space........................................

Written by Powerhorse on behalf of the 2003 GP4 Hotlap Competition
Some parts fictiotinal;) made to read like a magazine report

I hope you enjoyed it!

Re: The Big 4............
Date: July 29, 2003 08:26PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

hehe nice powerhorse.

i have an idea now... :)

Date: July 30, 2003 02:42AM
what idea is that then??

Date: July 30, 2003 03:09AM
Posted by: rayg
to get out more??? :P
Date: July 30, 2003 03:19AM
lolly!

i was bored last nite so i indulged in some fantasy come hotlap comp!

Date: July 30, 2003 04:18AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
nice!!! :)
especially the race report

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy