Coloured, transparent helmet objects ... any fix?

Posted by MDBSnake 
Coloured, transparent helmet objects ... any fix?
Date: March 09, 2008 12:55PM
Posted by: MDBSnake

All these shots have been taken in the same session .. Is there any fix to make it for all the drivers the same color? ATM now, whatever shape is being used the 2nd arrows driver (#15) and the 2 minardi drivers (#20, #21) have colored objects

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Re: Coloured, transparent helmet objects ... any fix?
Date: March 09, 2008 01:10PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
dont know really what you mean but just looks like texture problems..
lee1971 schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dont know really what you mean but just looks like
> texture problems..

well you can see the tear-off is colored, it doesn't matter what textures are assigned to them. They stay colored ...

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
isn't it the the visorspecmap.tex?

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

Date: March 09, 2008 01:43PM
are the tearoffs and tubes part of the helmet or visor,i thought they had to be part of the visor to become transparent..then just apply a generic plain colour tex to them,like the arai 06 had the helmetstuff.tex for each helmet..
GP4 automatically assigns the objects, like 'visor' in the helmet shape to the visorspecmap.tex - though I've already tried changing that one.

Date: March 09, 2008 01:51PM
re-add another material to it in builder,i had to do it when converting helmets from race07..
I just changed the visorspecmap.tga in gp4builder to another texture in the cars.wad, no result :(

Date: March 09, 2008 02:25PM
send me the lid if ya want mate i,ll take a look..
The one I used in the screens was this shape:
-----deleted-----
I've included a visorspecmap.tex I made for testing or it made a difference
I've also seen this 'bug' at the Arai '06 aswell, with the tear-off 'ears'.

*EDIT* - the shape posted in the link gives credit to Eugenio Faria, as he is the creater of it :) (It's from his 2004(?) big package)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2008 03:17PM by MDBSnake.
Date: March 09, 2008 02:44PM
Posted by: fongu
i thought it was in the f1gfx.cfg, but i think that was just with in-cockpit view where the visors had a tint.

Try to change these lines from f1graphics.txt (don't know if it will work) :

In this article we explain how to tint the visors while playing in the cockpit view.

It is possible to get tinted visor views whilst playing in the cockpit mode if you have the visor option on. This means the visor view in general will be slightly darker than the T-cam view.

Also, if you drive as Alonso, Yoong or Bernoldi the view will be tinted to match their visor colour (i.e. green and orange).

Here's how to do it:

Step 1

Open your f1graphics.cfg file in your 'Grand Prix 4' folder using Notepad.

Step 2

Scroll down to the line that reads

0 ; Enable user-defined gamma ramp v2
Step 3

Change this line to

1 ; Enable user-defined gamma ramp v2
Step 4

Save the file and then restart the game.

Now you will be able to enjoy playing Grand Prix 4 with improved and more realistic visor views. Ideally I would post some "before & after" screenshots, but for some reason when taking a screenshot with the darkened visor it reverts back to the normal state.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2008 11:45AM by vesuvius.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy