Pitcrew bug, may not be a bug

Posted by aquarius_varun 
Pitcrew bug, may not be a bug
Date: July 27, 2003 10:44PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Hi guys,

Last night I was racing with a sauber at hungaroring.I purposely started from 22nd and at the end of the 1st lap I collided with a jordan causing my rear wing to come off totally.As usual the pit sign came on and I struggle to get back to the pits since the car was spinning in almost every high speed turn.When I came to the pits I saw that the pitcrew weren't out yet even though the sign came on immediately after the incident.They came out elegantly as usual but the most shockingly the rear wing just appeared and they didn't change it.(just like in EA F1 games).
I was shocked because I saw that the beautiful pitcrew in GP4 will change the rear wing too.
So I restarted race totally, wantedly undergone a rear wing collision, this time only the wing plate came off.I pressed the enter key again to summon the pitcrew manually even though the sign came on.This time when I went in the pits the pitcrew did change my rear wing.

But I still didn't get why they didn't change the wing first place.
Do any of u guys have answers.I am just curious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Re: Pitcrew bug, may not be a bug
Date: July 27, 2003 10:52PM
Posted by: Ellis
Are you running the v9.6 official patch?

Beofre this patch this happened alot and i havent had it since i installed the patch, except once but that was my fault as i missed by pit box, by the time i had revereseed they had gona back in, then they had to come back out once again, and my damage wasnt repaired correctly that time

They do normally change ur wing and its beautifull to watch the men doing so :)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 27, 2003 10:55PM
Posted by: Palomino
although i just wished microprose made the correct pitstop times...sometimes if your stopping for 10 laps of fuel it takes them up to 10 seconds and it doesnt take 15 seconds to change a rear wing, its more like a minute becuase theres alot of fiddleling the crew has to do.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: July 27, 2003 11:04PM
I do have the 9.6 patch & I do know that my GP4 is proper because whenever AI cars lost their rear wings, I used to see the replay and the pitcrew always changed the rear wings always even in case of my car too but this is the 1st time I am getting this problem.And as I told u it didn't happen the 2nd time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: July 27, 2003 11:12PM
Posted by: Ellis
although i just wished microprose made the correct pitstop times...sometimes if your stopping for 10 laps of fuel it takes them up to 10 seconds and it doesnt take 15 seconds to change a rear wing, its more like a minute becuase theres alot of fiddleling the crew has to do.

GP4 tweaker can shorten the fuel time :)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 28, 2003 01:32AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
yep, get madman's GP4tweaker to do so, this tool can shorten the pit stop timing to be more realistic (7s - 9s)

Date: July 28, 2003 07:59AM
Hey guys today morning, I again started the same race from same position and I managed to get rid of the rear wing totally, but this time even though the pit symbol came on I pressed it over and over again to summon them myself, This time they were ready for me when I came in, So they changed the rear wing.I guess it is only a problem when the pitcrew are summoned late or u come in without summoning them.

Date: July 28, 2003 08:09AM
Posted by: b-tone
if the light comes on, then they get ready, but when you hit enter to turn it off, they go back to sit down.
so you hitting it repeatedley messes them up.
if it comes on, and you want to pit, then you shouldn't touch it again.

i like the way they act when called upon late.
they stroll out. position themselves. take a deep breath. and then start working.
maybe they should introduce a mamimum walking speed for pitcrews in f1 :)

____
Tony

Date: July 28, 2003 09:50AM
To b-tone,

Ya thats true.But what I do is, if the light automatically comes on after the incident then, I press enter and it goes off, then again I press enter to re-engage and then the pitcrew are ready and they do change the rear wing correctly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy