What am i doing wrong with Livery editor

Posted by Peter Dunham 
What am i doing wrong with Livery editor
Date: July 27, 2003 11:08AM
Posted by: Peter Dunham
Hi guys im dieing here

Ive downloaded Ewins Toyota ( made for Prost slot ) and the Trust Minardi made for Minardi slot , however i run these teams in opp slots so......

i rename all the LOD files and use Livery Editor to change the name of the TEX file it looks for and rename the TEX files to match.

i did this with both teams and with the toyota copyed the LOD_0 and made 1234 also as it only came with 1 car file for each team ( silly really )..

i extract the WAD with GP4master as ive done many times before with other cars , drop the files in re compact the WAD drop it back into GP4 and start Game..

In game the Minardi and Toyota are all textured curupted big time , textures all over the place and mostly black , i do run my game with rather low settings as im running a P3 450 and i have it running well but this problem has me stumpt , ive looked at the HEX editor and Zmodeler to rename the files but im very lost with these and the simplisity of Livery Editor sounds too good to be true , am i doing somthing wrong ???

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What am i doing wrong with Livery editor
Date: July 27, 2003 11:32AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hmm, you havn't to rename carshapes (.gp4) files.
Just reverse their name in bottom part of Livery Editor.
This way you havn't to rename .tex file either.

Date: July 27, 2003 11:56AM
Thanks, that worked , didnt know what that part did at the bottom LOL

still dont uderstand the texture corruption with the name changes tho

Also Lo i tried D/L your sound sampler editor thing and it says i cant :(
Date: July 27, 2003 12:01PM
nevermind found a mirror :)
Date: July 27, 2003 03:42PM
Posted by: honda_vtec
Hi,

Did you have both hi_teamname_x.tex and the normal tex files inserted into the wad? If you only have the hi_minardi_1.tex etc in the wad file and you're running low res, you may find that it will use the default textures and thus your cars will screw up.

HTH

Jon
Date: July 28, 2003 09:05AM
i did rename ALL the files, in the toyota case it only came with HI tex files but a copyed them and renamed them as normal files just in case, no diff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy