cars into different slots

Posted by honda_vtec 
cars into different slots
Date: July 27, 2003 03:55AM
Posted by: honda_vtec
Hi,

I love the Holden fantasy car and would like to put it into my game, however I don't want to replace the BAR, I'd prefer to replace the arrows. I tried renaming all the .gp4 and .tex files to arrows and then inserting them into the cars map before creating a new wad, but this hasn't worked, the car just shows up as a BAR.

Anyone help?

Cheers,

Jon
Re: cars into different slots
Date: July 27, 2003 04:07AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Thats because the carshape you put into the arrows slot is still looking for the BAR1.tex etc. . . files, you need to change where the carshape looks for these files to arrows1.tex etc. . . You will need to use Lo2K's livery editor to do this (located at [realgpx.free.fr])

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: July 27, 2003 04:18AM
Ok I'll give that a try.

Cheers,

Jon
Date: July 27, 2003 04:22AM
Posted by: knightyc
i used a hex editor to change mine email me an ill send you instructions how to do it

Date: July 27, 2003 04:46AM
I tried the livery editor, but now the car appears black and occasionally flashes onto a BAR livery. I changed all the lods so that they point to the arrows hexs, I assume that is now something to do with the hi_arrows_x.texs?

I have inserted both hi_arrows and the normal texs into the wad but no joy.

Please help!

Jon
Date: July 27, 2003 05:00AM
Posted by: knightyc
look in ur email box mate theres a prezzy in there for ya

Date: July 27, 2003 05:05AM
Thanks, I'll see if I can figure it out from your help.

Cheers,

Jon
Date: July 27, 2003 02:26PM
Posted by: Max Downforce
I wrote an hex editor tutorial which covers just this problem. You need to register to our site first (free and easy).

Hex Editor Tutorial

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: July 28, 2003 09:15AM
Posted by: Peter Dunham
oh i just posted this same problem about Livery editor , ive read your HOW TO Max and im still lost, gesss i suck
Date: July 28, 2003 09:17AM
Posted by: Max Downforce
Whether you suck is not important, to get the job done is. What is the exact problem? Maybe i can help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy