Mclaren wheel and ver 4.0 cockpits finished

Posted by Caelen 
Mclaren wheel and ver 4.0 cockpits finished
Date: July 26, 2003 05:55PM
Posted by: Caelen
ive done as much as i can with the wheel and cockpits, ive sent steering wheel to grandprixgames.org and gpx.it but wont send out the cockpit shape yet because it requires madmans beta version of tweaker to fix near-clipping problems, theres also a problem of suspension poking thru nosecone on a few carshapes, hopefully madman might just be able to include an option to have different cockpit positions per car. if these problems can be fixed ill release the cockpits.

however if anyones interested you can download what ive made from a bit of web space ive just discovered ive got, just remember youll need tweaker beta to fix the nearclipping.

note the wheel is compatible with default cockpit,vipers cockpit or my ver4.0

[www.users.bigpond.com]

heres a temporary fix for the near clipping, if you want to use cockpits without using latest beta of tweaker. ive just pushed the cockpit sides back out so they arent so close together, not as realistic as proper version but will be ok until tweaker is released.
:note, sides of cockpit should now be visible but suspension will still poke thru nosecone on some shapes
[www.users.bigpond.com]

pic of wheel with my ver4.0 cockpits

Post Edited (07-27-03 03:42)
Re: Mclaren wheel and ver 4.0 cockpits finished
Date: July 26, 2003 05:57PM
Posted by: tux
very nice :)

Date: July 26, 2003 07:11PM
Posted by: Vader
I did not really follow the progress in cockpit/wheel making, so my questions might appear stupid, but you get what you paid for:

This wheel has no LCD, apparently the LCD has been attached to the cockpit and does not move with the wheel. Is the LCD really fully functional or is it just painted on the cockpit for the sake of it?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 26, 2003 08:33PM
Posted by: tux
its fully functional ;)

Date: July 26, 2003 08:50PM
vader. ive removed the lcd from the wheel so anything that is normally displayed on lcd will no longer be there, however ive moved the speed, temperature, fuel, and rev lights, plus yellow,blue flag lights to the dash and they are fully functional.
ive also mapped auto gears, traction control and launch control to a few buttons.
if you like having all the lcd info and split times on the wheel then this wheel is not for you.
personally i use a pitboard thru cinfo to display laps and splits so i dont need them on the wheel, the only problem i have is with the pit menu, which is very hard to read,if we could change the font colour for the pit menu it would be fine.

Post Edited (07-27-03 07:05)
Date: July 26, 2003 09:27PM
Posted by: Abstraction
Hey caelen, now that u done a great mclaren, have u seen the sauber one, which is almost the same?

Do u consider making it?

Andrew. Australia.
Date: July 26, 2003 11:51PM
Posted by: ViperF1
Looks cool!
But Cealen you should know there's "McLaren MP4-17D" in the cockpit instead of "McLaren" logo..
I have seen the same photo in an MP4-15

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: July 27, 2003 12:01AM
you are most probably right viper, however ive got no pictures of inside cars and absolutely no talent for painting or making textures. i have to rely on other peoples textures, in the case of the wheel i used DDrivers wheel texture as a base and then cut some dials etc from a picture of a real mclaren wheel. the end result might not be something entirelly accurate but it looks ok.

as for making another wheel , well probably not for a while, I just started a new season and decided to drive the mclaren, hence i made a mclaren wheel.
Date: July 27, 2003 01:35AM
Posted by: rahul
gr8 work caelen.....

btw cud u send me the steering wheels stifflers mum sent u?? i have the ferrari momo 1 u sent me but stifflers also sent u some others rite?? cud u send me those plzz.....rahulm@msn.com
Date: July 27, 2003 04:58AM
sorry i must have forgotten you, i sent out quite a few, try downloading from the following, if that dont work ill email

[www.users.bigpond.com]

[www.users.bigpond.com]

[www.users.bigpond.com]

note: these links are for steering wheels by stifflers mum.

Post Edited (07-27-03 12:02)
Date: July 28, 2003 10:20AM
Posted by: ramoats
I'd be remiss if I didn't say THANK YOU for theser great new cockpit options, these pre-release sets are great, can't wait for the final....your efforts are appreciated....

RA Moats
@Caelen, I just wanna know if with this new cockpits I can use angle of 100, because my pc is not so fast and I tried to use viper's one and I coudn't see my mirrors so I had to adjusted the angle. Does this cockpit increase PO?

Regards,

Keep your distance
Date: July 28, 2003 12:51PM
Posted by: rahul
thanx a ton caelen!!!!
Date: July 28, 2003 03:01PM
as far as i know cockpit shouldnt increase po, i use cockpit angle fully back, - key, i think thats the same as 100.(im sure that whenn you zoom the cockpit fully out you get slightly lower po. however if you mean zoomed right in then all you would have to do is change the cockpit camera position in cameditor, ju7st move it back a bit that way you should be able to see the mirrors even if your fully zoomed in.
Date: July 28, 2003 03:14PM
Posted by: Ruckus
great work, but unfortunately I usualy drive Reubens car and its one of the cars that has suspension sticking out of the nosecone.. oh well not a big deal

Post Edited (07-28-03 22:15)
Date: July 28, 2003 06:27PM
Posted by: Vader
This is really stunning! Great work.

Now we just need a certain member of this forum to make us different wheels per team and I am happy. I'd even by a new high end PC for that if necessary. :)

Btw, I don't need timing display on my wheel, either.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 28, 2003 06:53PM
Posted by: Mike T
@Caelen, top work lad...but where can i get your helmet visor?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N.Irelands biggest Nascar Fan!
Date: July 29, 2003 12:38AM
grandprixgames.org/helmets/realistic helmet visor by viper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy