GP4 mega patch - Problems with Ferrari, Williams, and Jaguar liveries!

Posted by Pablo 
Does anyone else have or had the problem of these 3 teams car liveries being mangled on the GP4 2003 megapatch??

I have downloaded it, and everythingis working fine exect these 3 tems colours. There is parts of the Ferrari colours there, and parts that are just black. The Williams and Jaguars are also all over the place but their basis colours blue and green are still there!!

This is a bizarre problem, any hints on how to change this, and can the white "fantasy" team be changed? Even to an Arrows, or a Renault / Minardi 3rd car (but much slower in the race)???

Hope someone can help!!
hi pablo, i had the same problem my first time runing the mega patch. i read the readme file and found the solution:

attention!!!
Your f1graphics.cfg must have this option configuration
- f1graphics.cfg controls all settings (1)
- Increase car texture quality (1)
- Full 32bit textures (0)
- Rotate wheels via textures v2 (1)
- TV style overlays on track cameras.(0)

I hope this helps don't forget to change both f1graphics.cfg file.
as for the white cars, you can change them into the arrows team. you have to use masteredit . extract the cars.wad file into a folder and overwrite fantasy team files with your arrows team files you download. you my have to switch the names of some of the files. its a process so be patient.

tedd
Cheers, Tedd. But how exactly do I change the f1graphics.cfg?

I tried to open it without much success?
notepad

where can i get that? and whats the best version?

____
Tony

best version of notepad??
notepad is bundled with your windows I hope that is what you were asking about....??

===========================================================================
Core i7 920@ 3.8, 3x2gig DDR3 ram, GA X58 UD5 mobo, Powercolor ATI HD 5850 1gig, Cheiftec 750W, CM HAF 922 case.
Shop lifters of the world, unite and take over.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy