@Lo2K

Posted by Ianwoollam 
@Lo2K
Date: July 26, 2003 11:03AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Hi, I've been working on improving GP4's sounds by using your sample editor (Great work btw!) but I'm very confused with the T-Cam's sounds, virtually all views, (Cockpit, Chase, TSC etc. . .) all have gearshifting sounds, which I was able to amplify by finding the sources in sample editor, but for some reason, T-Cam just dosn't seem to respond to these, I've found that most of the sources for the T-Cam's samples are the same samples that the cockpit view uses, except for Gearshifting, I can't find where these samples are anyware! I was wondering if you knew where these samples were or whether you would be able to look into GP4 to find where abouts the T-Cam is getting its samples from. I also tried adjusting the engine.txt hoping that it would be somewere hear, but I've had no joy.

Also I've found a slight problem with your sample editor, when I go to Load a .wav file, and click cancel, it loads in the selected wav anyway!

Thanks In Advance
Ian Woollam

Post Edited (07-26-03 18:05)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Re: @Lo2K
Date: July 26, 2003 01:55PM
Posted by: Lo2k
i also looked at sound placement sooner, when i added t-cam in cameditor as the displaced camera still sound the same as its original place, but i hadn't find how sound placement is done in GP4.

Really ? well, i will have a look at this bug, once i got that silly Delphi 7 working correctly (i used Delphi6 so far)... I hoped to bring you some even better tools with it but it gives me more troubles than enhancements :(

Post Edited (07-26-03 20:56)

Re: @Lo2K
Date: July 26, 2003 03:50PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
i also looked at sound placement sooner, when i added t-cam in cameditor as the displaced camera still sound the same as its original place, but i hadn't find how sound placement is done in GP4.

Hmmmm, it seems very weird that they either didn't include gearshift sounds, or set them very low, even though its clear it can be heard on onboard cameras.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy