really infuriating problem !

Posted by ! K i V i 
really infuriating problem !
Date: July 25, 2003 04:32PM
Posted by: ! K i V i

im running GP4 on Win XP, once i start a practise or whatever i mess about with the setup 1st. But i cant seem to return to the cockpit once ive finished messin about with setup, the game always hangs once the loading bar has completed n i have to re-boot. Im running multiple installations, had the problem with just the single installation as well n its gettin rather irritating now. Im running V1.02 of the game, any suggestions as to how i can solve this?!

cheers,

! K i V i
Re: really infuriating problem !
Date: July 25, 2003 04:54PM
Posted by: tux
welcome to the forum......

hmm, have you installed any carsets or done anything to the cars.wad track wad or anim.wad?

and is it on any track/car/session (practice, race, qualy etc)

Date: July 25, 2003 04:59PM
Posted by: gav
Jon, can the wad file(s) have any difference, as it's loaded the wad(s) in the first place, so surely reloading them shouldn't be a problem...

But you know miles more about the workings of GP4 than I do, so I'll back away now... :P
Date: July 25, 2003 05:11PM
Posted by: fongu
it randomly does that to me, but then it got to a point where it just wouldnt work. I opened up the setup on the CD and just simply went on the repair option and that seemed to do the trick for me. I dont think anything was changed, except it worked!!:)
Date: July 25, 2003 05:44PM
"Jon, can the wad file(s) have any difference, as it's loaded the wad(s) in the first place, so surely reloading them shouldn't be a problem..."

might do

Date: July 25, 2003 10:53PM
Posted by: b-tone
it usually crashes if a wads bad.
it freezes for me if i hibernate.

(or i hibernate if it freezes ;) )

____
Tony

Date: July 25, 2003 11:04PM
i prefer only to hibinate for a maximum of 14 hrs a day :-o so i dont freeze :) ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy