Toyota problems!

Posted by honda_vtec 
Toyota problems!
Date: July 25, 2003 09:39AM
Posted by: honda_vtec
Hi,

I am still having problems installing the toyota. I'm using the 2003 toyota by Erwin Maliepaard and Guyon Waltmans. I have extracted all the files in GPMaster.

I have followed the intructions to create copies of the lods so that I have lod_1, 2 3 and 4 for each car. I have then renamed the lods to minardi and also the cp_hex file to minardi also. I have left the 3 hi_tex files as they were. I then created a new wad from the folder and pasted it over the wad in gp4.

However, when I go into the game i still get the old prost! The cockpit has changed to toyota but the outside of the car is in prosts colours, which are also distorted. All the other cars work fine, even the minardi.

Please help!

Cheers,

jon
Re: Toyota problems!
Date: July 25, 2003 09:39AM
Posted by: markko
I just keep the GP4 Order.

Date: July 25, 2003 09:50AM
I've tried this too but no luck!
Date: July 25, 2003 09:51AM
Posted by: b-tone
you shouldnt renmae the tex files.
if the original tex file name is the same as another one then you'll have to change it with zmodeler, hex editor, or Lo2k's livery editor.

____
Tony

Date: July 25, 2003 09:54AM
I didn't change all the hex files, just the cp_hex one. I have been told that this is ok, loads of people have done this.

Jon
Date: July 25, 2003 10:03AM
Posted by: b-tone
if you only included hi_tex and its showing original prost, then its probably using the non hi_ textures. so delete the original ones from the wad, and copy/rename the hi_toyota ones so you have hi_prost... and prost...

____
Tony

Date: July 25, 2003 10:24AM
Thanks Tony, that has fixed the problem, its looking superb!

Nice one,

Jon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy