Weird CSM Problem; "No Clean Wads Found"

Posted by montoya1978 
Weird CSM Problem; "No Clean Wads Found"
Date: December 05, 2007 02:27AM
Posted by: montoya1978
Hey guys, after downloading the 1995 season patch, everything seemed to work fine. I even switched to the 1988 mod and played it for a while with no problems. However, I then tried to play the 2007 testing mod but when CSM opened it said, "No clean wads found. Try using the recovery menu." Now, I cant even open CSM without this message. I then tried to click on the Gp4.exe file and it booted up with the 2001 driver names and tracks, and I picked Montoya who was sitting in a Williams liveried car, with a Mclaren steering wheel and Kimi's 2007 Ferrari helmet. What in the world is going on? Thanks in advance.
Re: Weird CSM Problem; "No Clean Wads Found"
Date: December 05, 2007 05:44AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
you go the start, program files and you search for ZAZ tools. THere you select extra's and patch downloader, you can now download a clean cars.wad and a decryped gp4.exe, click on it, it will download and install it and then it should work again.
Date: December 05, 2007 09:01AM
Posted by: Robert
gp4 may have mucked up while restoring/loading a mod. If bigbrother's advice doesn't work, you may have to reinstall gp4.

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: December 05, 2007 11:22AM
Posted by: brunoboi
Robert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> gp4 may have mucked up while restoring/loading a
> mod. If bigbrother's advice doesn't work, you may
> have to reinstall gp4.

...or just replace your current wads with the ones i your back up folder ;-)

Date: December 05, 2007 03:42PM
Thanks for the help guys. I tried to download the patch from patch downloader but it said that I needed to download v.1.26 CSM to continue which is the one I have. Then, I deleted the current wads from the program folder and tried to open CSM and I noticed that all of the mods were cleaned out but CSM still gave me the same error message. What gives?
Date: December 05, 2007 07:46PM
Posted by: nhorry
Try just to copy original cars and anim wads to your Gp4 folder. Everything else can be left there...
Date: December 06, 2007 01:11AM
Im not really following your post nhorry. Do you mean that I should copy the original 2001 cars and anim wads to the GP4 folder? I also did not understand your last statement. Sorry for my ignorance :(
Date: December 06, 2007 10:09AM
I had a same problem. I have several cars.wads and anim.wads, and I just copied the ones I wanted to the main Gp4 folder. I also have different phisics files and perf files in my main Gp4 folder, they can be used with Gpxpatch. When I want to use CSM, I simply copy original cars.wad and anim.wad to the Gp4 folder, but physics files and perf files, tweaker files can be left there.
So No Clean Wads is just for cars.wad, anim.wad and not for the circuits, you don't have to reinstall Gp4.
Sorry if I was too short, or hard to understand, I hope it help you...
Date: December 06, 2007 08:43PM
It looks like it may have worked! Thanks nhorry! Sorry for my ignorance.
Date: December 06, 2007 10:28PM
I'm happy to help you, don't feel sorry, it could be frustrating, when something not going as you want it...
Date: December 07, 2007 04:47AM
Well, I spoke too soon. CSM now works, but when I try to load the 2007 season I get the error message: "There were errors in restoring..." the files for my wadcache, cars.wad, anim.wad,and other files. If I delete the 2006 file altogether and then redownloaded it, would that solve the problem? I downloaded the 1979 mod after this "debacle" and it worked well.
Date: December 07, 2007 05:41PM
You should try to reinstall your CSM. By the way, is it the newest one?
Date: December 07, 2007 06:11PM
Yea, it is the newest one. I will try that, thanks again.
Date: December 07, 2007 08:18PM
Ok, I reinstalled CSM and the 2006 mod. When I tried to extract the 2006 mod to another file, it said that the file was corrupt and had reached the end of the archive. Any ideas on what that means?
Date: December 10, 2007 03:22PM
I also tried to load the 2005 trackpack and when I tried to extract it from winrar it said, "Unexpected end of archive." Any ideas?
Date: December 10, 2007 04:07PM
Do you use download managers? You should do that...
Date: December 13, 2007 07:54PM
I reninstalled CSM, deleted the cars.wad and substituted it with my backup, and I deleted the 2006 mod and reinstalled it. I am still getting the error, "There were errors in restoring..." the files for my wadcache, cars.wad, anim.wad,and other files. Am I going to have reinstall GP4? I hope not, but I want to play the 2006 mod! Please someone help me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy