Frustrated Noob

Posted by montoya1978 
Frustrated Noob
Date: November 24, 2007 07:11PM
Posted by: montoya1978
After shelving GP4 for about a year for technical issues, I have a new computer and the game works great with the cd. I then downloaded the official patch and the nocd patch. I have solved every other issue and now it is giving me the error, "Unable to load file: ldata\english.str Please re-install Grand Prix 4." I found the file in the "ldata" file in the GP4 folder and i copied it to the folder for the nocd patch and it still gives me the same error message. Please help! Thanks in advance.
Re: Frustrated Noob
Date: November 25, 2007 01:41AM
Posted by: ralv585
if you've upgraded everything to modern spec, i.e cars, tracks, copy them to another folder.

uninstall, and reinstall, should take about 10mins max, and all your problems should go, copying and pasting from the cd might not work as they are all compressed files i think

Re: Frustrated Noob
Date: November 26, 2007 11:25AM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
Copied the file to the folder for the No-CD Patch??

Reinstallation of GP4, and reapply the patch. Then put the no-cd into the GP4 folder, copying over the GP4.exe file.

Should work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy