1996 ITC screenshots and news

Posted by b-tone 
1996 ITC screenshots and news
Date: July 24, 2003 06:31AM
Posted by: b-tone
I was planning on releasing a cars.wad a while ago, but will now release the lot in one go.
There will be a few minor bugs that will be addressed later, so the first release will be something of a beta.
At the moment theres only one carshape (Ellis's Merc), but I hope to have all 3 shapes in eventually - maybe with glass windows!. The first release may even have the Alfa included.

The cars are all mostly done, and the 'extras' (teamart, menus, GPaedia, etc) are getting along nicely.

I'm using a cockpit provided by Ellis but it seems to give a po hit. I'll do some further testing and see what I'll do.

Anyway, I thought I'd post some shots of whats happening so far.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
D2 Privat ::: 1-Bernd Schneider / 2-Dario Franchitti

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Warsteiner AMG ::: 3-Jan Magnusson / 4-Alexander Grau

Martini Racing ::: 5-Nicoa Larini / 6-Alessandro Nannini

Team Joest ::: 7-Manuel Reuter / 25-Alexander Wurz

Team JAS ::: 9-Stefano Modena / 10-Michael Bartels

UPS ::: 11-Jorg van Ommen / 12-Kurt Thim

TV Speilfilm ::: 14-Giancarlo Fisichella / 15-Christian Danner

Zakspeed ::: 16-Uwe Alzen / 17-Klaus Ludwig

Team JAS ::: 18-Gabrielle Tarquini / 19-Jason Watt

Team Rosberg ::: 43-JJ Lehto / 44-Hans-Jochen Stuck

Team Persson ::: 21-Ellen Lohr / 22-Bernd Mäyländer

Grid menu

Pitcrews ::: Team UPS / TV Spielfilm

Pitcrews ::: D2 Privat / Martini Racing

GPaedia Driver menu ::: Bernd Schneider

Driver selection menu ::: J.J. Lehto

____
Tony

Re: 1996 ITC screenshots and news
Date: July 24, 2003 06:39AM
Posted by: Ellis
Dude those are looking pretty hot

I noticed they all use the same shape, but the liveries make them look different. Its quite kool!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 24, 2003 07:02AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
cooooool!!!
hey Korn_Freak! are you reading this? :-o

Date: July 24, 2003 07:15AM
Posted by: Borjaserrano

Wow!!!, awesome!!!!!

Date: July 24, 2003 07:31AM
Posted by: dreams come trulli
awsome!
Date: July 24, 2003 08:10AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Holy crap!! Proffessional job, mate!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 24, 2003 08:15AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
been looking for this for a while now and it looks awesome, its wierd how all the cars textures seem to work well on the same merc shape
well done, great job :)

Date: July 24, 2003 08:18AM
Posted by: Comissario
What can I say?!!!! Just MAGNIFICENT!!!! Just GREAT!!!
Hope u can release it soon, in time of summer vacation, so that we can have some fun with it!!!!

KEEP THE GREAT WORK.
Date: July 24, 2003 08:30AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

yeah variante i see it! woh b-tone it looks amazing!

Date: July 24, 2003 08:39AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
Date: July 24, 2003 10:44AM
Posted by: j_leinonen
Great looking cars you got there
Date: July 24, 2003 02:19PM
Posted by: sasjag
well done, its a beaut :D

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 24, 2003 02:39PM
Posted by: jawwad01
very imressive.
cool work

Date: July 25, 2003 01:04AM
shutt1e has been working on the shapes with me, and provided a very nice Alfa 155. But I'm not sure if it will be in the first release.
I'll try doing some physics now, but theres a problem when I set the bhp to ~500 the cars still 'act' like they have 800+. ie. they break too early making them easy to pass.
I'll see if its a real problem and if I can fix it.

I managed to find decent pics of all the drivers which is a bonus.

Hows the search for GT driver pics going, Ellis?
Tried these?:
Matt Turner:- [www.mattturner.com]
Dave Warnock :- [www.dwarnock.com]
Bruno Eichmann:- [www.sascha-maassen.de]
Thomas Bscher (not Bascher):- [24h-le-mans.hjem.wanadoo.dk]

____
Tony

Date: July 25, 2003 01:41AM
Posted by: CWM

NICE !!!!!!!!!! :)

Move Ferarri Here Toyota is coming!
Date: July 26, 2003 03:37PM
Just had a thought B-tone!!

I'm using a cockpit provided by Ellis but it seems to give a po hit. I'll do some further testing and see what I'll do.

Remove the right hand side mirror. There is three mirrors in the shape, left, middle and right. The driver is seated on the left, where u cans ee the left and middle mirror from the position, only looking over to the right will allow you to see the right mirror, so you safely remove it

Also check the mirrors,i think there might be a display problem - if a car is behind you on YOUR LEFT it might be displayed on YOUR RIGHT (mirrored in the other direction also)

Do a cechk and if it is i can see u the corrected version

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 26, 2003 03:45PM
Oh, and B-tone, heres an offer for you. Would you like me to create Alfa and Opel cars for you for a later version? I wud map then again also if u wish :)

Date: July 26, 2003 11:48PM
i have the left/right problem with the in car mirror.

as for the shapes, shutt1e has done an alfa but if you want to convert the opel that'd be great for the future :)
theres the problem of wheelbases, but madman said he's looking into it.
If you do the ones by Spino, then the textures i've doen for the merc shape should fit reasonably well if the mapping is the same.

heres the alfa with some quickly reworked textures.

____
Tony

Date: July 27, 2003 02:04AM
Posted by: F-2001
B-Tone if you want some help on phisycs I can help you.
Check my phisycs here and see if you like:
[dynamic2.gamespy.com]
Some important things you will have to change is add more mass and slow down brakes.
Aerodinamics Weight distribution...

Post Edited (07-27-03 10:19)
Date: July 27, 2003 02:45AM
i tried your file F-2001, thanks, but i'll need to do some changes.

i noticed: it only got to 4th gear, laptimes were 20 seconds too fast, some sliding under brakes (good :) ).

i changed some things and the cars only got to first gear :).
i'll try agfain later.

who can convert NM to lb/ft for me???

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy