Sony F1 License

Posted by Zomah 
Sony F1 License
Date: March 25, 2006 01:03PM
Posted by: Zomah
Does anyone know when sony lose their f1 license..>?
Re: Sony F1 License
Date: March 25, 2006 01:12PM
Posted by: fast_alonso
i think 2007 :-)

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

Date: March 25, 2006 02:49PM
Posted by: alp776
yes I hope this will be better renegociated by Ecclestone because this stupid exclusive licence is only used by sony for the plastation where Sony is doing worst and worst F1 games since some years and then nobody can make a PC F1.
Date: March 25, 2006 02:58PM
Posted by: Lemming
can't pc games makers just create games that have drivers with spelling mistakes, and have an editor to easily fix them? just a simple thing like schumacher being shumacher...

and the cars could be identical, except for one small thing such as a sponsor being 3mm to the left of real life?

Date: March 25, 2006 03:08PM
Posted by: Webber Fan
Yes, they should make something like rfactor (just formula cars) and Im sure our shapers would done great job to have realistic F1 game. Gp5 could be like that, I doesnt have to be original F1 game.

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]
Date: March 25, 2006 03:37PM
Posted by: Dahie
appearantly, it does ... rFactor is this what you are suggesting, without official license and easy to edit. Well, everyone's complaining, that a real license is missing, everything fantasy and too few content. I agree, there could have been more tracks. But in the end. for modders, rF is a great opportunity. And the lack of new F1-Sims made modding easier, since we get more time to learn the programm we are modding and don't have to switch every 9 month, EA decides to release a new game ...

Look what was accomplished for GP4 in the last 4 years. No way you'd come this far with 1-2 new GPx released in the meantime.

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: March 25, 2006 03:46PM
Posted by: keiran
Lemming Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> can't pc games makers just create games that have
> drivers with spelling mistakes, and have an editor
> to easily fix them? just a simple thing like
> schumacher being shumacher...
>
> and the cars could be identical, except for one
> small thing such as a sponsor being 3mm to the
> left of real life?
>
>
> RUN! It's a heshe!

Not as simple as that. The paint jobs of the cars and everything will be under license to Sony. Even an unofficial Coutlhard site had McLaren on his back for posting pictures of there cars. Why is everyone hoping that the license gets bought by another company ? all that it going to happen is it will be another company like Sony if they don't keep it. It's all about money and for sony F1 is probaly a great trademark to sell games for.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2006 03:47PM by keiran.
Date: March 25, 2006 03:48PM
Posted by: b-tone
Dahie Wrote:
> appearantly, it does ... rFactor is this what you
> are suggesting, without official license and easy
> to edit. Well, everyone's complaining, that a real
> license is missing, everything fantasy and too few
> content. I agree, there could have been more
> tracks. But in the end. for modders, rF is a great
> opportunity. And the lack of new F1-Sims made
> modding easier, since we get more time to learn
> the programm we are modding and don't have to
> switch every 9 month, EA decides to release a new
> game ...
>
> Look what was accomplished for GP4 in the last 4
> years. No way you'd come this far with 1-2 new GPx
> released in the meantime.
>
> cu El Dahie
>

well said :)

any game is good because of what modders do for it. gpx, f1x, even rf are all pretty poor taken as they come.
and no one that spends a load on the locence will bother making a good game, as the license alone gives them enough to sell it. and they are targeting the people that buy the latest, new games every year.

____
Tony

Date: March 26, 2006 04:34AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
although the current sony games aren't that great, the f1 game on ps3 looks promising...

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 26, 2006 12:08PM
Posted by: Ruboy
If the modders are talented their work is better than the original one. Look at GP4:)
But of course at first the game needs a great and realistic engine (which mainly cannot be changed). The Sony games simply have a bad engine.

Date: March 26, 2006 03:01PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
I didn't like rfactor's physics though in the test demo - there wasn't a proper "feel" for the car :(

H E L L O
Date: March 26, 2006 03:24PM
Posted by: alp776
SchueyFan were did you saw information about next PS3 F1 Game ?
Date: March 26, 2006 03:30PM
Posted by: IWE
alp776 Wrote:
> SchueyFan were did you saw information about next
> PS3 F1 Game ?
>
>

There is few edited screenshots and video from "that" game.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 26, 2006 06:16PM
Posted by: bones1834
IWE Wrote:
> alp776 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > SchueyFan were did you saw information about
> next
> > PS3 F1 Game ?
> >
> >
>
>
> There is few edited screenshots and video from
> "that" game.
>
>

Don't get too excited. The video looks decent, but it is totally rendered. You can make any game look great when it is a rendered video.

Date: September 21, 2007 07:36PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
this year is almost up and no update on whats going to happen with the license.

i want to see a f1 game thats on all platforms.

Date: September 21, 2007 08:34PM
Posted by: james84
Let's keep on playing GP4!
Never mind the PS2 F1 arcade sims, they are CRAP!
Date: September 21, 2007 08:52PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
EA just needs to disappear, all the games I have gotten suck. The NASCAR game gets worse and worse each year to the point I didn't buy 08 this year.
Date: September 21, 2007 10:47PM
Posted by: costame
i think we need a fresh game, but it might be better that no f1 games for pc to come out. cause it can be disappointing. gp4/modded gp4 was/is amazing but something new would be great. especially in terms of graphics and some more realistic stuff, just like safety car, more detailed damage system, being have to save some fuel or engine, a proper working v8 torque, qualification system,team specific cockpits and steering wheels and of course better and more realistic sounds. but i think unfortunately we all assume that there will never gonna be a game coming out with all these stuff. i wish you guys had the software codes (i dont know the exact term here) of gp4..
Date: September 22, 2007 12:02AM
Posted by: paulhackettevans
Wouldn't it be great if Geoff Crammond had the licence to produce a new F1 sim/game for the PC, plus versions for the XBox 360, PS3 and PSP!!!
Date: September 22, 2007 12:53AM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
Geoff Crammond wouldn't make the game for PSP or PS3, cause they are Sony Products, and Sony would want to launch their own F1 game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy