Any good ways to get rid of the fantasy team?

Posted by thisisreallyneat 
I'm just wondering, what would be the best way to get rid of that pesky Arrows team you start off with?
I mean I've tried my own fantasty teams but at the end of the day, I want the game to be as realistic as possible. But that obviously means 10 teams, so i'm looking for the best alternative possible.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!
Re: Any good ways to get rid of the fantasy team?
Date: July 23, 2003 06:14PM
Posted by: Ellis
Doing a search will show this is impossible. Sorry if i sound like im moanign but we do get fed up answering these questions on a daily basis

After all that, welcome to the forum :)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
I know it's impossible, i'm asking for alternatives around the problem (hence looking for new ideas).
Date: July 23, 2003 06:25PM
I had a good suggestion i suggested to Rene Smit (GPxPatch author) about using GP4s mulitplayer code (you know how u can select only player cars on track?) to someone how remove 2 cars and leave us with 20, but nothing ever came of it

Some people also wanted a Saftey car and Medical Car to replace arrows, but it was never going to work because they would drive like F1 cars

Fantasy teams, or simply a 2002 Arrows in the slot is the only way. Some (andrew Scott for example), use real cars in the slot, he is using 1999 Steward Ford SF03 i think

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 23, 2003 07:00PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Maybe we should make a poll, and vote for best team of all times, and narrow down to top 5, then narrow down on the years, maybe exclude other 3 teams, and decide between two.
Example:
5 teams:
-Lotus, McLaren, Williams, Brabham, Arrows
-Lotus 60s, McLaren 88-92, Williams 92-97, Brabham (JPS I guess), Arrows from 99-02
-McLaren 88-92, Williams 92-97
-McLaren 92

And voila !! Any opinios on this??? Suggestions?????

Date: July 23, 2003 07:04PM
McLaren 92?? when they got destroyed by Williams?

Just use fantasy car, more realsitc than having a 1992 McLaren vs a 2003 ferrari

Date: July 23, 2003 07:14PM
But at least you wouldn't have Senna winning the 2001 Suzuka GP, right? Maybe just to have the nostalgia feeling, with the 89 McLaren (better :) ) with it's real HP and tyres, good cockpit (not those that turn all white inside from other camera angles), and if possible, performance files.

If I knew how to use Z-Modeler and didn't have a trial (expired) version of Photoshop, I would do it myself for others!!!But I'm useless in that area !!!!!
Maybe I can take personal lessons :) If possible from a nice black haired-brown eyed girl with a nice tan.....

Date: July 25, 2003 03:33PM
Ellis, do you know where I can find any cars like those I said before? And I have looked around but didn't find. I'm specially interested on the 80's, with stuff on Senna, Piquet, Prost...

Date: July 28, 2003 03:35AM
Posted by: Jimmyh
If you set there HP to 0, would they then get pushed off the track for not moving for so long, and maybe they would get pushed off by the marshels before you finish the first lap? Just a thought.

Cheers.
James.
Date: July 28, 2003 12:08PM
Ellis, do you know where I can find any cars like those I said before? And I have looked around but didn't find. I'm specially interested on the 80's, with stuff on Senna, Piquet, Prost...

there isnt any out yet

atm i use the team Arrows slot for experamenting with fun things like 2 cars in two liverys like Wurz in a MP4/18 and a WHAT IF Arrows as car two , for a season racing i use GPX season team list and edit the team values with low HP , driver values very very low and reliability as very bad, mostly they are so slow and retired very early on and not a factor , however in my last 100% GP season they did get 1 point for 8th at Silverstone LOL go figure

Besides, its a good way for you too setup a team for YOU to drive seeing as we arnt in the 2003 season either this way the grid remains undisterbed and your not dropping a driver so you can race, if you want to drive a Williams make the Arrows a Williams Livery say a 02 model with Gene as your team mate and go racing with ALL the 2003 drivers.

Post Edited (07-29-03 00:37)

Refuse to Lose
I did try setting them to snail pace, but they tend to interfere once the pack catches up. Nevermind.

Speaking of Marc Gené, does anyone know where I can get his helmet? Or ask someone to try and make it? He's a great driver and I wanna try and include him in the game.
Date: July 29, 2003 12:45AM
Posted by: Jimmyh
Well i've just set the fantasy team to have 0 hp, and yep it works, both cars retired before I could finished the lap, the reason they retired was there Engine, and that was playing Montreal-Canada.

So if u don't mind having 2 lam cars at the back or your grid then it works just fine :)

Cheers.
James.
you can get Gene's and most test drivers helmets from the Helmet design site, grab Raymond Smits complete 2002 helmet set, there he has every helmet version used that year including test drivers , and one offs in the 2001 set he also did the US GP helmets used by the Scui bro's and trulli for 9/11 respect victims , very nice touch

Refuse to Lose
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy