Adelaide Street Circuit '85-'95 (Physics test on page 1)

Posted by Zjokke 
Ok, After restarting 5 times I finally got my .dat finished.
The reason I release this version is because I need comments, sugesstions, feedback
for this track. I wont start any graphical stuff before I'm 100% happy with the .dat
I did a quickrace and everything seemed fine (But of course this might be PC related so please test)

For this test :
1. It's a physic's test, so don't expect any graphics stuff.
2. trackwidth, elevations, bankwith, vergewith or anything else .dat related -> feedback please
3. CTD after pressing the esc key -> gpxpatch (debug mode -> low)

[users.pandora.be]

Sources:
www.sutton-images.com
Adelaide for GP3 (Season 2000)
Some other pics & video's on the net (most of them '94 & '95)

BTW: I consider this track opensource, so anyone who wants to join me in this project, feel free to contact me.
If you want to do a version based on my .dat, you got my permission (no need to contact me.)

Thats it for now.
awesome!

i never liked the Melbourne track, always dreamed we could have Adelaide.

so do we just put this in the "circuits" folder, overwriting any track, or does it have to be track 1?

will the graphics from the tracks we currectly use show up and be distorted?

EDIT: was downloading when i wrote the above, didn't know a track wad would come with it also. will try it out now.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2006 09:51PM by Muks_C.
Good stuff Johan :)

@Muks - use TSM!!

____
Tony

W00t! At last some real progress on Adelaide!! :0

An amazing job, and very accurate. I think the left-right surves before the Jones straight could be more rounded, but i could be wrong.

I have sevaral onboard laps from various seasons, but the only one that's online, is with Prost's Ferrari, in 1990.
[www.f1archives.com]

I'll test it again, and look at track widths this time. Thing is though, are the red kerbs on your dat, where you plan to put the absolute track edge, or will the edges be more further inwards?

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2006 10:51PM by Berger_Fan.
i've tried it, and it's pretty darn awesome!

quite a big bump near the pit-lane entry, so if you're in the middle of the track,but not intending to go in the pits, you hit it and jump the car. i spun backwards into the run-off.

but overall i think it's fantastic progress, out of nowhere it seems, as i hadn't read anything about Adelaide being worked on.

i'm gonna leave it in for now, and have a race! IMO better than Melbnourne already!

i can't say how accurate it is as i can't remember it that well, last time i played Adelaide was in GP2 many many years ago, but it "looks" accurate from what i can remember.

my sig is MS in Adelaide i believe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2006 10:39PM by Muks_C.
Re: Adelaide Street Circuit '85-'95 (Physics test on page 1)
Date: March 02, 2006 10:39PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yeahhh, i missed that track from GP2.
Very good start. :)

Adlaide was my prefered track I remember the fights between Prost and Piquet, and MAnsell exploding one tyre, then the crash of Senna under the storm, often some sands in the streets;
Schumacher stoling its first title when he went directly crashing volontarly against Damon Hill.

And all that at 4h O'clock in the morning!

+ I was there (in Adelaide severall times, the circuit is still there unchanged for V8 races and there is a memorial stone for Senna....Impressive track should be good to have grand prix again there; it should be far more intersersting than this boring Melbourne track ( I was there during the last year grand prix for the second time)

Then please finish qucikly thi strack I will immediately use it

Thanks

thanks for taking the time to work on this!

i will download it right away. i live in adelaide and have driven around most of the circuit on the public roads, so i know a little about elevations etc, especially around the top of the circuit near rundle street.

i have an onboard lap of senna at 93 if you'd like to view it. drop me a PM if interested. :)

if you're desperate, i guess i could even take some photo's of some of the corners for graphical purposes. im thinking in terms of buildings and structures that surround the circuit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2006 09:26AM by Red_Bull.
Thanks great start!
alp776 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then please finish qucikly thi strack I will
> immediately use it
>
> Thanks
>
>

An utterly useless comment, it will be finished when it's finished. I doubt he'll rush it just so you can use this track

anyway, this version is usable, it just doesn't have any graphics apart from the track.

i don't care about that at the moment, because the main thing (the actual track) is complete.

does anyone have a map of the track with the corner/street names that they could post here please?

Thanks for the kind words guys !!

@ Muks_C :
Also @ Muks_C : I'll have a look at that bump near the pit entry - I haven't noticed that one yet.
@ Berger_Fan : You have 94-95 video's (also trackcamera's? that would be very helpful)
The kerbs sart exactly next to the track surface (no gap between them for now)
but that can be modified very quickly. I also kept the default height.
Some feedback on this matter is also welcome.
@ Red_bull : That 93 1 lap video could help me a lot. Also you feedback about the elevatiions will be very interesting. Perhaps later on when I start graphic stuff I'll contact you for making some pictures from trackside buildings.

About the trackwidth : when driving a car in cockpit view the trackwidth looks fine;
but when you brouwse it from the external trackcams the track looks so much wider
Anyone noticed this too?

About the 3D modelling : I got some experience in Autodesk inventor 3D. Is this a good choice for building trackobjects? Also How do you guys define the correct scale for trackobjects (trial and error??)

About the CC line : CC cars seem to slow down where they normally should go at full speed. Anyone knows why this happens? (ex. after the Jones straight on top of the hill)

About trackcams :They're not WYSIWYG (The Coords. are different ingame) Is there already a sollution for this one?

Now I'm gonna do some laps to track down other bugs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2006 06:44PM by Zjokke.
i have played it quite a lot now, and i also have noticed the cc cars take a very slow and winding route trhough the Senna chicane, and also slow down a lot on the long back-straight after Brewery corner.

but it's very good, and i have sort of learned it again after forgetting the track for so many years.

for the fast right-hander (Brewery) onto the long backstraight, i always had to lift because flat-out i would always spin, but i changed my setup so i had maximum front and rear wing setting (20 for both) and now i can take it flat.

i did a best time of 1m13.6xx after maybe 25 laps practising and messing with setups.

the cc cars are only doing 1m20's though.

i made some videos using my digital camera so those who haven't tried it yet can see what it's like, not very good quality and no sound though:

each one is ~ 3mb.

@ Zjokke, thanks for the map.

there is a bump right at the join of the pitlane and the normal track, at the end of the pitlane and also at the start of the pitlane, see video 5 for the bump at the end of the lap (where you enter the pitlane):

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4

Video 5

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2006 07:54PM by Muks_C.
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good stuff Johan
>
> @Muks - use TSM!!
>
> ____
> Tony
>
>

Where can you download it?
I love this circuit, I must re-install GP4. It would be great to have a Pacific Grand Prix again and use Adelaide as the track in real life

i did 45 min. on this track only drove few times in my gp2 time. great track, only the first chicane is to fast ? i can go over 300 in the chicane..
so i said, only drove few time in my gp2 time. so it was hit wall every run in the beginning, and making a setup, i have taken the melbourne one and changed, my fastest is 1.09.868 :) can be over 1 sec. faster with better setup and if the texturing is done. but great track !! i love it :)
@Zjokke:
Just had a look at the videos - your tracks seems to be very accurate:). It's always right to have several attempts for getting the best result. Good work!

You shouldn't wonder about lap times and cc-line at this stage. The .dat and the basic graphics have major importance at the beginning.
CC-line, track cams and magic data (fuel consumption, track grip, etc.) should be adjusted at the very end. I assume I'll have a try on the cc-line later when I finish the Istanbul track:)

I saw the video's and i got that strange feeling that i wanna lay GP1 :) ...

I alway drove that track it was one of my favorites...Can't wait till it's finished

awesome..
I like Street circuit.
Thanx
crashes with 1995 mod beta upon loading using TSM :S

EDIt:// working now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2006 02:45AM by Mini Maestro.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy