F1C MTS Unlock Query (not leeching!)

Posted by intweb 
F1C MTS Unlock Query (not leeching!)
Date: September 13, 2007 11:37PM
Posted by: intweb
Hello,
Haven't been around for a while, but have been working at 'improving' my car making skills across
a number of games.

I've been looking at the most successful authors work and refining the shaping processes for F1c, RFactor and GP4.

However, I'm having some problems looking at carshapes from F1C as the .MTS files are locked. I have the unlockar.exe file by Tyler, but that only unlocks V4.10 .mts files and not V4.01 (or vise versa!).

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could assist me via PM on how to open the files. I hope you'll trust me enough to realise I'm not going to leech and steal others work, merely attempting to improve mine to provide greater work for the community.

If you use PM, then you can keep your secret, secret!

Thanks in advance.
Steve.
Re: F1C MTS Unlock Query (not leeching!)
Date: September 13, 2007 11:43PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
I would say go to the RaceSimulations forum for F1C and ask there, but the authors tend to lock the files for many reasons but I don't think there is anyone willing to tell but I would also like to know.
Date: September 13, 2007 11:54PM
Posted by: raulongo
Steve, send me the files and I'll unlock them for you.

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2007 11:55PM by raulongo.
Date: September 14, 2007 10:53AM
Posted by: kewell_fever
i noe how to unlock dem, but i lost the file on my old comp.

Date: September 15, 2007 07:15PM
Posted by: dkpioe
i think the files are locked because of the car makers choice, you should contact the carmaker if you want to open the file, otherwise you have no right snooping at the files even for a look, and it sounds dodgy instead of asking the carmaker you are posting in a forum asking people to unlock files for you. improving your carmaking skills has nothing to do with snooping at other peoples files, go learn it the hard way by trial and error instead of copying from others who have worked long and hard at improving there skills. your just trying to take shortcuts.... by writing 'not leeching!' and try to make yourself look all chum and pleasent about it still doesnt make it right, please email the carmakers, the files are locked for a reason, and getting people to reverse engineer for you (I'M NAMING raulongo) is very inappropriate. and its very innapropriate of raulongo to advertise himself as the reverse engineer leech that he is...

taking this reverse engineering shortcut to improve your skills is as bad as leeching, its the same is mclaren asked someone in a forum to provide ferrari car plans (without asking the author, ie ferrari, who are keeping the plans secret) so they can improve their 'car making skills'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2007 07:18PM by dkpioe.
Date: September 15, 2007 07:18PM
Posted by: NeidryderCTDP!
dkpioe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think the files are locked because of the car
> makers choice, you should contact the carmaker if
> you want to open the file, otherwise you have no
> right snooping at the files even for a look, and
> it sounds dodgy instead of asking the carmaker you
> are posting in a forum asking people to unlock
> files for you. improving your carmaking skills has
> nothing to do with snooping at other peoples
> files, go learn it the hard way by trial and error
> instead of copying from others who have world long
> and hard at improving there skills. your just
> trying to take shortcuts.... by writing 'not
> leeching!' and try to make yourself look all chum
> and pleasent about it still doesnt make it right,
> please email the carmakers, the files are locked
> for a reason, and getting people to reverse
> engineer for you (I'M NAMING raulongo) is very
> inappropriate. and its very innapropriate of
> raulongo to advertise himself as the reverse
> engineer leech that he is...

Intweb asked me and i helped him because the files he tried to unlock are our files ;) So no problem!
Date: September 15, 2007 07:18PM
Posted by: Paco
You obviously have no idea who Steve is.

I'm against sigpics
Date: September 16, 2007 09:02AM
Paco Wrote:
> You obviously have no idea who Steve is.

Then tell me what you think who he is?!
Date: September 16, 2007 11:14AM
Posted by: gezere
I think paco spoke to dkpioe, not to you Andy :)

Date: September 16, 2007 11:15AM
gezere Wrote:
> I think paco spoke to dkpioe, not to you Andy :)
Ah ok thank for clearing that up!
Date: September 16, 2007 04:03PM
Posted by: Paco
That's right, we posted at the very same time ;)

I'm against sigpics
Date: September 16, 2007 04:15PM
Posted by: raulongo
I have laughed a lot with the dkpioe message... LOOL. He barely knows who is NeidryderCTDP!, Intweb or myself... Neidryder is the Boss of CTDP, Intweb is a very very GP4 Developer, who made Williams cars for our game... and I'm a CTDP Member, a GP4 Painter and a good friend of the people of this forum.

So, if you ask about unlocking, for people I don't know, I've NEVER did it. For Steve or any of my friends, I'll be the first to help.

PS. And Andy gave "permission" to unlock... I think you must re-do the message and tell "sorry" to someone...

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: September 17, 2007 10:41AM
Posted by: intweb
Oh crap, you go away for a few days and all hell breaks loose!

@dkpioe, I spoke to Raulongo and NeidryderCTDP! as they publish work that I hold in the highest regard and I am working on some interesting stuff which they are involved in. They very kindly offered to help me unlock their cars.

I completely agree with your sentiments, I too have had my work plagiarised and included in mods that I haven't given permission on, so I understand fully what leeching is (and I assure you, I am not about to start doing that!).

In the past I have never locked my core files and never intend to, I have given permission to virtually all who asked to convert my cars to RFactor, F1C, etc. but I fully respect authors choices to lock files down.

I am only looking at work that I have permission to look at and will not distribute anything without the authors complete agreement.

I hope I have explained myself fully, I agree with your sentiments, but please consider what you are saying and do not treat all forum users as guilty - that is one of the reasons most good posters don't come back. As your your ferrari/mclaren analogy - not really the same ball-park is it.... Am I to understand that you'll never download cars from authors that have improved their skills by looking at others work??? Think about it - it's laughable!

Steve.

@Raulongo and Andy - thanks so much for your help guys, much appreciated.
@Paco - thanks for trying to help buddy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2007 10:44AM by intweb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy